X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lusich
    • Aug 2004

Rotel neophyte ? - Component Video Problem

Hello,

I purchased my 1055 this past December, and it is a version 2.2.6 unit. I like it quite a bit (remote control notwithstanding), but have had a couple video passthrough issues. In particular:

-When passing component video signals through the 1055 to my Pioneer SD-643HD5 RPT, I am noticing some noise in the form of horizontal 'flickering'. This flickering is in the background of the image, and seems to occur on very black scenes. It shows itself with a HD signal and DVD. It jumps up and down the full screen - not limited to any fixed area.

-My HD satellite menu screen creates the flickering issue, too.

-The 1055 OSD menu flickers and had a lot of noise in the black background. I have always thought that normal and not a big deal. I mention in in light of the above mentioned issue.

-The flickering is NOT present when I send component signals straight from the source to the TV (bypass the 1055).

I am trying to simplify the video inputs to the TV for ease of use for my wife - and would like for the component switching to work without introducing noise. I have decent monster cable connections - mid-upper line cables - they are all brand new.

Experienced Rotel owner input is appreciated!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"