X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benxx
    • Aug 2004

Matching speaker system for 1056

I am looking for a matching speaker system for 1056. Considering B&W 600... Any advice here will be very helpful. Is 73W enough to drive 603?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome Benxx,

First I would try doing a search in the Home Theatre area as there are numerous threads there re: speaker companies.

Second, as I'm sure you can tell by my avatar, I'll go ahead and recommend Energy as one of the companies to look at

EDIT:Also check out this thread:

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• stantheman2
      • Apr 2004

I have the 1056 with B&W 600 Series 2 speakers - 603s front, LCR6 center, 601s rear. They are all in a room 13.5' by 14'. The 1056 has the ability to cleanly drive these speakers to level well beyond what I can stand, even temporarily. I am (currently) COMPLETELY SATISFIED with the combo, until "upgradeitis" sets in (but that's my problem, not a problem with my current setup). Sure, more power might be better, but the sound I have now is soooo sweet, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Comment

• benxx
        • Aug 2004

Thanks, Stantheman,

I was wondering what kind of sub do you have? Is LCR6 more close to 60 or 600? How about speaker stands? Still debate whether I should pay for the stand for go for the 602.5 S3 or even 603. Many thanks

Comment

• shadow 8
          • Aug 2004

I use Martin Logan Aerius i and Cinema up front with Axiom QS 4s on the sides. Works very well but considering a RB 1080 or 1070 to drive the fronts.

Comment

• glangston@socal
            • May 2004

My setup with the Rotel 1056 is

Axiom M60's up front, Axiom VP150 center, and Axiom QS-4's in the rear. Hsu VTF Mk 2 Sub-woofer. I auditioned B&W 600's and like them but the set I have seems pretty close (and a bit cheaper).

So far I'm pretty happy with it.

Comment

• stantheman2
              • Apr 2004

My sub is an older Boston Acoustics 8", 75w sub. It was very highly rated at the time, and it works well in my room - tight and deep, and loud enough for my tastes. I do wonder what it would be like with a larger sub - say the Hsu VTF-2 or even VTF-3.

My LCR6 series 2 center has two 6" kevlar drivers flanking the center tweeter, so it's like the 600. From what I have read, the bigger low frequency drivers do improve the overall sound of the center.

Again, from what I've read, with each step up the 600 series, the sound improves. The 1056 has a pure 2-channel analog bypass mode, either with or without the sub, and I do my serious CD listening in that mode w/o sub. Having the 603 for the fronts works and sounds great.

If you are thinking about the 700 series B&Ws, most of the posts here suggest you would do better with a separate amp, like the Rotel 1075. For the 600 series in a mid-size room, I think the 1056 is areal good match.

Comment

• farbs
                • Jun 2004

Just in case you wondering,
                I run a 1055 through B&W Series 3, 602 fronts, lcr60 centre, 600 rear and asw600 sub. Now I now this may not be the greatest system but boy does it ROCK!!!!.
                I actually auditioned the 603's and actually preferred the 602's.
                For 2 channel music they really sound great. I found the 603's a little muddy for my liking. Anyway the only way to tell is to listen, listen and listen!
                But I am reaaly happy with my system at the moment. Maybe a power amp next?
                Good luck with your choices but I think you are on the right track. :T

Comment

• kudeta
                  • Sep 2004

I agree with Farbs, I have the same system as him other than I have the 601 rears, I am really happy with it especially for the price point. I second that the 602's sound better than the 603's unless you dont have a Sub for HT go the 602's
                  Leigh

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"