X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mustangss
    • Aug 2004

Newbie/Vintage Rotel Question

Hello to all the Rotel fanatics out there. I am a total newbie and novice to the world of the audiophile, but I have a couple of burning questions about my receiver. I purchased a Rotel receiver from a friend of mine as a teenager in the late 80's. The model number is RX-550. I've been using it non-stop since I purchased it, if you can believe that. However, I've been running into some problems with it of late and when I went online to do some research on this particular model, I found a site that says this model is from 1969!!! Does anyone know if this is true? If so, that is amazing and I must say it is the best $100 I've ever spent in my life. The official Rotel site does not offer any info on this model. I've even emailed their marketing department to see if they know anything but I have yet to receive a response.

I also must say I am impressed by the enthusiasm on a product I've always thought exceptional. Cheers.
  • Pez
    • May 2004

If thats true I look forward to MANY years of use out of my Rotel stuff.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Mustang send me an email and I'll foward you a scan of the manual that Rotel just sent me for that unit.

Here's what they had to say about that model...

"The RX 550 according to my Blue Book was manufactured from 1969-1974 and originally retailed for $300."

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Good golly, Rotel might just buy that back off you to put in their museum! :lol:

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• mustangss
          • Aug 2004

Rotel responds

yes, I finally heard back from someone in the mktg department today and they confirmed the same thing. incredible. the amazing thing about it too is that I put a lot of wear and tear on this thing. It's been through numerous moves in college, and I've hauled it to countless house parties that I have DJ'd at.

I would love to see that scan. if I can't get it fixed I am going to start saving up for another rotel product asap. It'll probably last me well into old age!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"