Little bug relative to front panel display ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LaurentG
    • Apr 2003

Little bug relative to front panel display ?

Hi all

I would like to know if you noticed the same thing.
    When playing a DVD soundtrack encoded in DD 1.0, the front panel display let me believe that the RSP-1066 is decoding a 5.1 soundtrack while only the center channel should be displayed.

When playing a DVD soundtrack encoded in DD2.0 (mono), the front panel shows me the left and right front channels + the sub channel as active channels. Tell me if with the new firmware and the possibility to disable the dubbling bass, the sub channel is shown in the front panel ?

Laurent
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

LFE is always shown lit with my RSP-1066, even with just stereo music. But no sound comes out of it. I use the latest 2.25 firmware and I have set my front speakers to large, so the sub should not be used (and it isnt used actually).

Comment

• LaurentG
      • Apr 2003

Yes, same problem here if I setup all speakers in large and I read a DD5.0 soundtack (Corrs MTV unplugged) : LFE is displayed when it shouldn't (no sound coming from the subwoofer).

For my information, is there a way to notice bugs to Rotel ?
      Or is there somone here in contact with Rotel ?
      Or does Rotel read this forum ?

Laurent

Comment

• LaurentG
        • Apr 2003

After some discussion on another forum, it seems that it is more a choice done by Rotel than a real bug.
        We have just to know that the RSP-1066 doesn't display in the fron panel the current active channels but something static that seems to be only dependent on the current active surround mode.

Laurent

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"