• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hy Rod,
    what you write is correct.
    nothing change..... with the SSP800 you can connect the PC and with a software released from Classe you can go see what is happen.

1 front channel (only 1) and a rear/surround. Classe explication:
    +ve fast blo trip & -ve fast blo trip — The peak current has reached the
    safe operating limit. ?!?!?
    my friend from Classe say that a too much LF (including sub) can make this
    "job".... this little paek of current can be from 2msor so like thath of "clipping!!!"
    well, Classe stop this "problem" and no problem for the speakers and the ampli...but with my old system (Rotel 2xRB1092,.....) NEVER problem! and with a high end "gears" ...
    in Switzerland the current is very clean, have a power conditioner dont make any differnce. go clippling all the conditioner and the ampli....
    I have a great power distribution, very, very top (2000euro), before I have called a electrician for see if the "line" is ok: all is perfect!
    I no words.

I had mail to Classe USA and they say me that is possible....like is possible "change" the software into the ampli for have a more state of gard not so high.....exemple defoult if 10 you can change in 5...no more clipping but if sometine so a clipping happn the current go direct to the speakers (and first the tweeter go f**k) and Classe dont pay nothing !!!

style

Comment

• grit
      • Jan 2005

Just to chime in - I watched Tron Legacy for the 1st time last night. I loved it, both for the story and the visuals & sound.

On a Rotel 1560 powering B&W 804s, HTM4, 2 in-wall B&W speakers, and a B&W ASW10, I had no clipping.

Comment

• Rod#S
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by style
        Hy Rod,
        what you write is correct.
        nothing change..... with the SSP800 you can connect the PC and with a software released from Classe you can go see what is happen.

1 front channel (only 1) and a rear/surround. Classe explication:
        +ve fast blo trip & -ve fast blo trip — The peak current has reached the
        safe operating limit. ?!?!?
        my friend from Classe say that a too much LF (including sub) can make this
        "job".... this little paek of current can be from 2msor so like thath of "clipping!!!"
        well, Classe stop this "problem" and no problem for the speakers and the ampli...but with my old system (Rotel 2xRB1092,.....) NEVER problem! and with a high end "gears" ...
        in Switzerland the current is very clean, have a power conditioner dont make any differnce. go clippling all the conditioner and the ampli....
        I have a great power distribution, very, very top (2000euro), before I have called a electrician for see if the "line" is ok: all is perfect!
        I no words.

I had mail to Classe USA and they say me that is possible....like is possible "change" the software into the ampli for have a more state of gard not so high.....exemple defoult if 10 you can change in 5...no more clipping but if sometine so a clipping happn the current go direct to the speakers (and first the tweeter go f**k) and Classe dont pay nothing !!!

style
        Just curious which front did you notice clipping? When I noticed clipping it seemed to be from the center and left speaker (when sitting looking at the tv). There may have been clipping in the right and surrounds but I remember my attention getting drawn to the left and center speakers specifically.

Yeah if something happens and a driver gets blown getting the manufacturer of your electronics to pay for the damage will almost certainly never happen. B&W themselves could potentially replace it under warranty but Classe definitely would not nor would the movie studio if there is something out of spec with the encode on the disc.

Rod
        B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• scanido
          • Apr 2006

Is there a particular scene this happened on Rod?

The entire movie is filled with great sound it would be difficult pinpoint where it occurs if one is not paying close attention.

Comment

• Rod#S
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by scanido
            Is there a particular scene this happened on Rod?

The entire movie is filled with great sound it would be difficult pinpoint where it occurs if one is not paying close attention.
            Well I definitely remember noticing clipping when Sam enters the computer world and is taken to the arena for the disc battle. When the crowd is going nuts and the drums in the soundtrack are pounding away I noticed it there. It probably happened during the light cycle battle as well, there is a section when they enter the area and the crowd goes nuts again with a lot of music in the soundtrack. Also when Sam enters the End of the Line club I remember it clipping there. The clipping only happened when using my analog cables to get the dts-HD Master Audio off of the disc. When I listened to the legacy dts track via my digital coax cable I didn't notice any clipping the entire movie.

I just got my 802 Diamonds today and I would love to break them in with this movie but I don't want to actually break them so I'm tentative about playing this movie again right now.

Rod
            B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• olilugo
              • Aug 2009

Are you sure it was clipping or is it that the techno- sound is such that at times it is too intense to listent to.
              I was watching the movie yesterday and the intensity in sound at which some of the scenes were mastered considering that was techno music, it was really hard to maintain the volume, I spent the entire movie with the remote on hand just in case I needed to lower the volume.
              The movie itself was great, I just think the sound mstering was a bit over the top. they could have accompilshed more by just lower the volume and have more synergy between dialog and music.
              I think this movie, would have been very fatiging to listened if I was to keep the volume at the volume I usually use.
              In my system which even my sub is dial in not to be too overpowering, I had to say the sub sound was too much and for too long which makes me think it was just the way the sound was mastered, it is like they looked at the EQ and put all the levels way up towards the top.
              Not doging the movie or its sound just saying that I hope this is not the new way to master sound for movies as I think it will be too overwelming, yet if they were to lower the sound then we will loose in overall impact and dialog.

Comment

• ray5
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by olilugo
                Are you sure it was clipping or is it that the techno- sound is such that at times it is too intense to listent to.
                I was watching the movie yesterday and the intensity in sound at which some of the scenes were mastered considering that was techno music, it was really hard to maintain the volume, I spent the entire movie with the remote on hand just in case I needed to lower the volume.
                The movie itself was great, I just think the sound mstering was a bit over the top. they could have accompilshed more by just lower the volume and have more synergy between dialog and music.
                I think this movie, would have been very fatiging to listened if I was to keep the volume at the volume I usually use.
                In my system which even my sub is dial in not to be too overpowering, I had to say the sub sound was too much and for too long which makes me think it was just the way the sound was mastered, it is like they looked at the EQ and put all the levels way up towards the top.
                Not doging the movie or its sound just saying that I hope this is not the new way to master sound for movies as I think it will be too overwelming, yet if they were to lower the sound then we will loose in overall impact and dialog.
                I agree. I was able to watch the movie without any clipping. Boy, the soundtrack is awesome. Even the surrounds came alive! Though I had to watch it 12 notches below my usual listening levels.
                Ray

Comment

• Rod#S
                  • Oct 2010

It was extra loud however I also heard break-up of the sound in the form of crackling/distortion for very brief periods when the soundtrack was at it's loudest but as I mentioned I only noticed this when using my 5.1 analog connections for the dts-HD Master Audio. When I played it with legacy dts via a coax cable everything was fine.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"