X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sithlord10
    • Apr 2003

Rotel and Marantz combo

Well I did it again I went and bought a new toy. I was having issues with my Denon A11 (5900) Macro blocking chapter skipping ect. I got a full refund and bought the Marantz DV12S2 Universal dvd player. Retails for $4990 here but I got it for $4200.00. Well to say that is a difference b/w the Denon and the Marantz in an understatement. The partnership b/w the 1098 and the Marantz is faultless very clean and dynamic much better than the Denon IMO. So if your in the market for a new player and you own a rotel pre-amp or receiver definatley have a look at Marantz. :T
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I have heard the Marantz and Rotel combo and to your point, very good. But I don't quite understand why Matantz would be better than Denon seeing that they are manufactured by the same company. I have had either a Denon DVD-2900 when I first got my Rotel RSP-1098, and it sounded/looked wonderful, or a DVD-5900 for the last 10 months with again, wonderful sounds and pictures. Seems odd....

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Sithlord10,

I'm impressed - A great upgrade and all for free... Should control the upgraditis disease for a few more weeks until that Tax check arrives and you can order the Silver Coax....

Of course - are you up to 7.1 yet?...

An then there is better speakers.... :P

Geoff

Comment

• Sithlord10
        • Apr 2003

Jimmy nothing odd about it it just looks and sounds better than the 5900. I've had the 5900 (A11) and other various brands/models and the Marantz is simply superior in every way IMO. Interesting that their made by the same manufacturer. Are you able to clarify that Denon and Marantz are made by the same manufacturer and who they are I'm just interested. So what your saying is that they share the same technology or the internals are the same? I'm a little confused as to what your saying. Both companies have different architectres and specs?? People have been complaining of the Macro blocking issue that the 5900 suffers from. Do you experience this? I certainly did which is why I went the Marantz and I'm glad I did.

Geoff dont mention new speakers :E I have never bought Marantz before now I'm a believer. No more upgrades for me at least for another few months :B
        I've had 7.1 for quite some time now love it :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"