X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffst
    • Feb 2003

1055 Sluggish IR Response

I returned home from a 3 day trip and find that my new 1055 (v 2.24) is very slow to accept IR commands. i.e., the volume will not ramp when I hold down the volume UP/DOWN button. To change Video sources I often have to press a button 4 or 5 times. Control from the front panel of the receiver is fine. I know it's not the remote (new 1050) as it controls all my other equipment fine, and the 1055 has the saem issue if I use a second remote.

I thought it might be a software glitch so I have tried:
    - Unplugged the 1055 for a few minutes and plugged back in - no change.
    - Then tried the RESEST TO FACTORY settings. Again, no change.

Thoughts/ideas before I send it to my dealer? Hard to believe it could be a hardware issue for something so simple.

Tnx,
    Jeff
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Its a known issue with the volume control. Do you know anyone that has a pronto? If so we've found a work around but you'd need a pronto in order to teach your remote the new code (this might be a good excuss to buy a pronto anyway)

Comment

• lhl12
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      Its a known issue with the volume control.
      I have a 1055 on order, but this bug terrifies me! I would not want a unit that did this. Andrew, can you provide more details on this problem? How often does it occur? Do all units have it? How worried should I be?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Andrew,

I think Jeff said it won't ramp even after he holds it.. It very well could have a damaged IR sensor.. Someone else on the forum had one go out from a static shock. Best option is to see if the dealer can lend you another 1050 or 969 just to make sure it's not the remote. Or call Rotel as new things pop up that even we don't know about.

Lhl12,

The volume bug isn't really a bug, but Rotel's choice of adding a 1 second delay before the volume will begin ramping up after hitting the button. A very clever individual has gotten around the delay and has sped up the ramp time.. It's definitely nothing to worry about.

Kevin D.

Comment

• sndtowne
          • Jan 2003

>

Hey Laurence,

Don't be too worried about this problem. I'm a Rotel dealer and have never experienced it. There is probably some particular problem with that one receiver.

As Andrew mentioned, the volume will hesitate for about 1 second before responding. I wish it were not that way, but it IS normal. Go ahead and enjoy your 1055.

Bruce
          Bruce

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"