Yamaha RX-V1400 to RSP1066. Am I taking a step backwards?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Yamaha RX-V1400 to RSP1066. Am I taking a step backwards?

I have an opportunity to get a RSP1066 to match up with my 1095, if I can sell my Yamah RX-V1400. Does anyone think this would be a step back on the technology side?

ht_addict
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

I understand your concerns....

Receivers most of the time offer better connectability and features.Seperates are more driven to purer sound quality.

These 2 things you must ask yourself whats more important,sound quality or features/connectability.

Dan

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Ditto, the Yammie has lots of features etc and probably makes a decent pre/pro because of it. However the 1066 likely offers better sound quality and most if not all the features you really need. Seen as how it seems you're able to have both at the same time, compare the two and sell whichever you like least

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I actually owned the Yami RV-3200, and then went to the RSP-1066 (after using the Yami as a pre-pro), and found significant sonic improvement. However, I have not tested against the x400 series Yamahas, which have better internal DACs. I guess the real test would have to be your own ears.

If you were comparing the Yami RX-1400 against the RSP-1068, that would probably be close to my previous testing scenario, and I would think the RSP-1068 would win hands down, I digress.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"