X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbarata
    • Feb 2003

RSP-1066 and HDTV pass through

I’ve my Pioneer DVD player connected directly to my Philips TV, through a high quality IXOS SCART using RGB mode. The picture quality is top notch. Knowing that I’ve the chance to pass video signals through RSP-1066 (mine is firmware version 2.26) I wonder is there are any benefits in doing so?

One possibly advantage of doing so could be to avoid the audio delay when watching TV. If I redirect the stereo audio signal from TV tuner to RSP-1066 in order to have Dolby Prologic II or DTS Neo effects, there is a very noticeable delay in audio, when compared to the audio coming from TV speakers. If both are audible simultaneous I get an echo effect. Thus it’s obvious that RSP-1066 is quite slow converting stereo signals to multi-channel formats.
    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

I see no real advantage to injecting a switch, with it's associated potential to introduce noise into a clean signal. This is essentially what happens when you use your pre-pro to pass video signals. The only time I would do this is would be if I had more signal sources than inputs on my monitor.

I don't think that the 1066 is that slow in processing signals, in as much as it by design induces some delay into various signals. You may be able to eliminate/minimize time differences in your audio signal vs that on your tv by playing with speaker distance settings in speaker setup on your 1066. In other words, your fronts and center may need to be set to zero feet (0 ns) to get them to sync with the tv audio, and the other channels may need to be adjusted accordingly.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"