X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jprzybylski
    • Feb 2003

1066 delay problems

This is my umpteenth post about this problem, and hopefully someone from Rotel will see this. Because based on many threads I've read on this site, ALOT of people have this problem and have just come to accept it.

I purchased a 1066 and am happy with the sound quality, but there is a problem with something inside the unit that makes signal delay time unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE.

I have seen cheap, and I mean CHEAP (we're talking $299) receivers lock onto Dolby Digital/DTS signals with absolutely no delay time.

Sure. This unit sounds good -- but there are times my signal does not lock on at all until I fumble around with inputs or turn my player on/off so that it sends a fresh signal. (No, it's not my DVD player. My Denon 3800 works perfectly on all of the systems I've tested it on.)

Am I upset? Yes.

I just spend $1500 on this, and while the sound quality is wonderful, it the sound doesn't come out at all, what's the point?

This is my second unit which my dealer (they ROCK) replaced for me. This new Rotel is very new (new remote 1050 and software 2.2.4 came pre-loaded) and the delay problem is still there.

This needs to be fixed.

When Denon originally issued the DVD3800 it had a faulty laser, and they offered to fix it for free to anyone who bought the player, whether they were having a problem or not.

Rotel? Hello?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Have you tried contacting Rotel's tech support and asking them?

Comment

• AAVI
      • Mar 2003

I understand your frustration jprzybylski, i called my rotel distributor about the signal delay and said it was annoying. he's explanation was that rotel put that signal "mute" in for the first new seconds to resolve a poping issue when switching to a diff sound format, so thats why its muted for a few seconds. He said other more expensive pre/pro's had the same muted function. Anyway what he was going to do is load the latest fimrware for me (2.2.5) since i am using 2.2.2 and hopefully fix the problem, he is also able to do the "resister" mod for me but i would would to pay a fee for the serivce.

I love my rotel it does sound great but this signal delay thingy gets beneath my skin. I like my dts/dobly digital, thx demos at the start and the signal delays spoils it for me!!

I dont think the firmware will fix it but will do anything to try to get rid of the problem. My distributor said he does not have the relese notes for firmware 2.2.5, can anyone tell me where to get that information or point me to a thread?

thanks!

Comment

• jprzybylski
        • Feb 2003

Andrew -- contacted Technical support via phone AND email and was told that a delay is to be expected with the 1066. I can live with a 1 or 2 second delay (Well. Not really. There should be no delay. Period.)

What's got me writing these letters and griping is the non recognition of signal, or -- an unacceptable time to decode/recognize it. As i've said, i've seen cheapter components do it with no delay, and this Rotel is NOT cheap equipment. It shouldn't be outperformed by them.

Based on what i've read on this forum, It's not uncommon.

See the last post -- whom I agree with completely. Why should we have to miss any portion of the prerecorded material we listen to? Be it a CD, A movie trailer, or the beginning of a film. It's nonsense.

I've contacted Rotel again, and posted the link to this, and other people who have the same problem.

We'll see.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"