• novajowski
    • Jul 2004

newbie questions

i am currently considering the following setup:

rotel rc-1070
    rotel rb-1050
    rotel rdv-1040
    b&w 603s3

my local dealer seems to think that b/c i do not want a tuner, i would be better served w/ the separates than with buying the integrated ra-1060. also, while i do not plan to use this as a home theater system, i am considering the rdv-1040 over a cd player simply b/c someday in the future i may want to connect my tv and watch some movies.

my questions:

with my primary concern being 2-channel audio quality, what would your recommendations be? are the separates that much better than the integrated amp alone? should i choose an rcd-1070 over the dvd player? (i already own a nice pioneer dvd player that could be used, and i think i might be leaning toward the rdv-1040 simply for aesthetic reasons).

i have demo'ed the ra-1060/rcd-1070 w/ the b&w's in a different state about a year ago, and loved the combo. unfortunately, the dealer where i am located now is unable to demo the setup i am considering (it's a larger place and was resistant to moving stuff around), though i am being told that the system i am considering would be superior to the one i have already heard.

any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance--i look forward to 'really' joining club rotel when i buy my new stuff.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"