X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luszer
    • Feb 2003

Please Advise on RCD1070

Hi all,

looking for feedback on CD player RCD 1070. I'm considering the 1066 or RSX1055, tossing that debate around in my head for weeks now, teamed up with the RMB 1075. I am pretty much 50% HT and 50% 2 channel music.
    Basically, can I use a HT receiver for DD 5.1 and DTS as pre/proc and the RMB 1075? Then really concentrate on 2 channel stereo resulting in not purchasing either the rsx1055 or rsp1066. What wouldl i need or use to pre/proc. 2 channel stereo. Forgive my ignorance I am a little green when speaking seperates. Please advise. Thank you
  • jaakan
    • Dec 2002

That CD player is a lot better than I first thought is was. It sounds ok with CJ PV14 pre and CJ Solid State and with CJ MV60. I got to have some quite time with that CD player and Krell's KAV 300iL, OMG, just WOW. It was like the first time I heard the Theta Miles CDplayer, ok it's not that good but it killed the Cal Audio CL15.

Speakers tested: Quad 988, B&W 801, Thiel Power Points.
    other ref. players: Cal Audio CL 15, Sony 9000ES, Theta Miles, Sony 777ES( the old CDplayer not the DVDplayer )

Comment

• PeterL
      • Feb 2003

I have had great results with the RCD-1070, notably so with analogue interconnects through the RSP-1066 (you can see my complete setup under my profile). I am using Kimber Crystal-Ag which are exclusive to Russ Andrews in the UK. I also tried digital interconnects (Kimber D-60) but the sound wasn't quite as clear/detailed. Sound is superior to the Denon DVD-3800 playing CD's.

Peter

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
        • Dec 2002

I compared it with the RCD991AE, and it sounds not as good as the RCD991AE. There are slight differences. I got my brand new rcd991 for 699 (sale). Normally 1299 (euros, holland).

I didn't noticed great differences between de denon dvd 3800 and the rcd991ae, just enough for buying it

------------------------------------------------------
        Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
        ------------------------------------------------------
        Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"