X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChainsawCharlie
    • Jul 2004

RSX 1055 redirect question

Hey

I'm thinking about buying a 1055 used.I have the RMB 1075 amp.I want to use the 1055 amp to power up the two surround speakers(7.1).The rest 5 will be handled by the 1075 (i can do this right, or can i only add extra amp power to the front?).The question is how much watt will the 2 speakers in the back get? Will it get 75w or more when i redirect? I don't wanna calibrate the 1075 down to match the rsx 1055 if you know what i mean?

Thanks

Tom
  • dmcgowan
    • Sep 2003

Tom,

You can definitely do it - I use an RMB-1050 to power my rear surrounds with the other 5.1 powered by the RSX-1055. Based on my experience adjusting the rears to the same dB level, it isn't an impossible task?

Check out the Rotel website as well. I forget the exact details, but to make the redirect work correctly you have to do a factory reset at some point in the process.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

That arangement works wonderfully, it s what I have done. The rear centers on mine are the only speakers I drive with the 1055's on board amps. The 1075 smokes (not refering to volume, but presence, soundstage, dynamics) the 1055 for 2 channel if you listen to much music. The combination thru Klipsch reference speakers will keep me satisfied on the hardware front for some time to come. Set-up w/ spl is a piece of cake and I have yet to mess with it as it sounds great in various processing modes, Given my arrangement all levels are set close to 0, -1, so mismatch between amps is not an issue
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"