X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Energeezer
    • Sep 2002

1055 Redirect Not Working

Finally got around to bi-amping my front speakers last night using my RSX 1055 and RMB 1075.
    Unfortunately the Redirect feature of my 1055 does not seem to be working. When I select redirect rear back speakers to front it will not take and remains on front.
    Any ideas
    My firmware version is 149030117

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Steve there was an issue with earlier models but the later firmware's fixed those and you have the latest so I'm not sure what's going on. I've never tried it on my 1055 but if it works I might be able to help you when my 1098 comes in.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Just one thought, you have turned on the rear back speakers to two right? Sounds like you've been using center rears all ready, but if not, that might be the problem.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Energeezer
        • Sep 2002

Kevin
        My system has always been set to 2 back speakers.
        Andrew
        It is defineately not working. I also notice that the manual states the redirect option is in the speaker menu but on mine it is in the default menu.
        Could this portion of the new firmware possibly have not taken properly while the rest is OK? Originally it had the old firmware but if you remember you upgraded it for me last winter.

As for the bi-amping. So far I have not noticed any improvement in sound and maybe even a little step back. I'm guessing the problem could be.
        1) Break in time for the splitters on the L+R preouts.
        2) I'm using different speaker cable for the high speaker I/Ps than the lows
        3) My Studio 60s are do not require the bi-amping and the lower quality splitters (not cheap crap but not as good as my Hero interconnects) are detracting.
        Again. Any ideas re redirect and bi-amping are appreciated

Comment

• princeoliver
          • Jan 2003

I tried biamping exactly the same way you did with my RSX972 and RB985 (older models but similar to the 1055 and 1075). It did in fact sound worst. I believe your amps have to have the same gain in order to biamp. The 1055 only has 75 watt but the 1075 has over 120 watts. In fact my 972 alone does not have enough power to drive my power hungry front Mirage OM6 speakers. So you are going to have one of your LF or HF not sounding as good as it was before (biamping). Since I listen to music more than HF, what I do now is biamp the OM6s with the 985. My Energy AC300 centre is biamp between the 985 and 972. The 972 powers the rear. My fronts now sound better than if they are not biamp.

Comment

• pjdami
            • Jul 2003

Rotel has updated the 1055 owner's manual to help with the redirect problem. This procedure cured my redirect problem:

Rotel support is where you will find information about warranty registration, service, software downloads, owner’s manuals and product archives.

Hope this helps!

Paul

Comment

• Energeezer
              • Sep 2002

Oliver
              That is not my problem. I am only real concerned with 2 channel at the moment and once i get that sorted out I'll worry about balancing the other 5 channels.
              Paul
              Now I think were getting somewhere. I'll try it and post results.

Comment

• Danbry39
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2002

Hey Paul,

Great find!!! Welcome to the forum.

Keith
                Keith

Comment

• Energeezer
                  • Sep 2002

Paul
                  Thanks a bunch. That was the fix.
                  Steve

Comment

• pjdami
                    • Jul 2003

You are very welcome.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"