X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kendrid
    • Dec 2002

Joining the Club - 1055 and RB-1070

Having two separate systems linked together (Rotel 970 preamp/Denon 3803 preamp/Rotel 990BX amp/BFD/DAC/etc), I decided it is time to consolidate into an easier to use system. Having a 2 channel audio and HT system with the same speakers and front amp was becoming a pain.

I sold my Denon receiver, Rotel preamp, and 990BX amp and purchased a 1055 from my dealer, and a rb1070 used for < $400. The Denon never did 2 channel music well which is why I had the 2 systems. I hope the 1055 is on par with the 970BX 2 channel preamp for music.

I'll post my thoughts once I receive the 1055.

------
    Kevin
    ------
    Kevin
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Great having you here Kendrid. I'm really interested in how your new setup does with two channel as opposed to the Denon and especially the older Rotel. So, yes please, do post your results, good, bad, or neutral, after setting up the new toys.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• kendrid
      • Dec 2002

2 channel is what I am most concerned with. The Denon has 'Direct' mode, but after comparing it to a 2 channel Rotel preamp I don't see how it can be truely direct. The soundstage wasn't as focused and bass wasn't as tight. A volume knob shouldn't do that.

I just spoke with my dealer. They say it should be in around Wednesday or Thursday of next week. I ordered silver. They gave 10% off, which they offer to anyone who walks in (don't even have to ask).

------
      Kevin
      ------
      Kevin

Comment

• wng
        • Dec 2002

Welcome, kendrid. Good luck. I also got 10% off w/o asking.

Comment

• kendrid
          • Dec 2002

wng - glad to see some of us have decent Rotel dealers. I hate hearing about shops that won't budge off of MSRP.

------
          Kevin
          ------
          Kevin

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

I've even heard of some charging over MSRP. :M

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• twitchie
              • Apr 2003

Hi Kendrid,

I'm guessing that you're the same Kendrid on AVS (saw the same name associated with a rotel thread over there too).

I just joined "club Rotel" recently, but have been a member of the "Rotel club" since I bought my first RA-820BX back in 1988.

I currently have a 985-MKII and (3) RB-850s, but am now considering selling the 850s to get 1 1070 new. My original plan was to bi-amp the fronts with 2 850s, bridge the third to run a sub and power the rear and centre with the 985 (2 channels on the 985 unused), but as it is with all 'obsessions', I'm caught in a downward spiral :twisted:

I'm planning on adding a 1055 near the end of this year, so looking forward to your feedback on how this sounds with the 1070 for 2-channel music

Stephen

Comment

• kendrid
                • Dec 2002

My Rotel dealer called this morning to let me know it is in. I will be picking it up in about an hour. I'll post my thoughts later in the weekend.

FYI: The order was placed Monday and it arrived Friday. That is quick service!

------
                Kevin
                ------
                Kevin

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"