What do you think about replacing Rotel RSX 1055 with Denon 988?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex Tang
    • Feb 2008

What do you think about replacing Rotel RSX 1055 with Denon 988?

Hi all, I am seeking some advice. I have a Rotel RSX 1055. It sounds pretty good with music and I enjoy it, but it falls short on some standard features in most of the new receivers such as HDMI 1.3, 7.1 & Speaker A/B, and iPod support. With the new Denon model coming, the 988is on sale, and I am tempted to replace my Rotel for the new features. I use it for music more than movie, and I usually listen to pure music (Kenny G, Fim super sound ... etc) rather than pop song, and I have a B&W CDM9NT speakers. What do you think of this? Would the sound quality be downgraded alot? If it is not a good choice, what would you recommend?

thank you very much.
    Last edited by Alex Tang; 03 August 2008, 05:46 Sunday.
  • robert L
    • Jul 2008

yes, u must be carfull when chosing an amp for the cdm9nt's rotel is a wise choice , i have their newer version the 703's with the rmb1095 5 channel amp and they kick ass, i also have rotels rsp1068 preamp which does lack the true hd and hd dts via hdmi 1.3, but rotel does have a new rsp1069 that has all the good stuff,.....if u can afford it,highly recommended

Comment

• Alex Tang
      • Feb 2008

Thanks Robert for your reply. The problem for Rotel, not only it is more expensive, I did a quick check, and it does not yet support those new HD format ..

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"