X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3DCadman
    • Apr 2003

Which modes give "pure" analog signal?

Hi everyone.

I just got my 1066/1075 up and running and I have a simple question that the manual doesn't cover very well.

Which modes give "pure" analog pass thru with NO digital processing? Is it just the Multi imputs, or is it with any analog input? I don't see any sort of "direct" mode or button, but I seem to remember that the multi inputs were "pure" analog.

I was just curious if that was it, or are an analog conections capable of being straight stereo without being digitally "molested"?

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
  • Matt Sprouls
    • Apr 2003

My audio guy told me that only the multi-input avoids, as you put it, DSP Molestation.
    Regards,
    Matt

Comment

• JKohn
      • Jun 2002

According to Rotel, if you listen to a 2-channel analog source in "stereo" mode, you're in bypass mode. I tend to believe them because I'm pretty sure the 1066 exhibits the bass-doubling behavior in this situation, which I don't think it would do so if it were going through the ADC and processed in the digital domain.

I'm not sure whether the recently revealed hardware mod to fix the bass doubling on the multi-inputs also fixes it on the 2-channel inputs, has anybody test this? If it doesn't, then you'd be better off using the mult-channel inputs if you're worried about bass doubling.

Jeff Kohn
      Jeff Kohn
      http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Legairre
        • Jan 2002

With the 1.49 software I don't get bass doubling in "analog stereo mode" if the sub is set to NO. The crossover and setting the speakers to large or small all seem to have no effect. It appears that the mains get a full range signal no matter what I change and no bass to the sub.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
        Radden Home Theater
        Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

To the best of my knowledge setting the sub to off and in stereo mode should be a bypass on any input

Comment

• TonyPTX
            • Apr 2003

OK, so I thought I understood the BM issue, but after reading a few posts, I'm back at square one again. Someone please tell me if I'm right here:

BM Issue #1:
            Multi-Inputs send bass to both main and sub. Two resistors need to be cut in order to remove the bass channel from (the mains or is it the sub)?

BM Issue #2:
            The Rotel sends a full range signal to any of the analog inputs, thus my mains get a full range signal and my sub gets a signal (if the Sub is set to ON.) To eliminate the double bass, I'll have to turn the sub "OFF" for that input (i.e. CD or is it mode such as Stereo), allowing my mains to get the full signal and no signal to the sub.

Thus if I wanted to use the internal cross-over of my 1055 to filter out the lower bass from my mains and send those to the sub, I'm forced to use a digital connection? CRAP....I usually like to run my mains on small because it reduces the workload on the AVR and IMHO allows the speaker to perform better and sound more open. My sub has an amp for a reason...Or is this correctable via the new ON -> OFF -> MAX setting. What does this setting do? I had a Yammie AVR that had something like this where ON, used the internal X-Over and send signals lower than the X-Over to the sub and filter it from the mains. Off turned the Sub competely OFF, and MAX, sent the full range to the mains and sub.

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."
            "Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."

Comment

• Legairre
              • Jan 2002

All crossover processing on the 1066 is done in the digital world. Check out this link in the "technical" and bass management sections"

Rotel support is where you will find information about warranty registration, service, software downloads, owner’s manuals and product archives.

Radden Home Theater
              Radden Home Theater

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"