X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenfjord
    • Jul 2004

Where to buy Rotel?

Hey,
    I'm at the moment considering upgrading my HT, and found Rotel electronics quite interesting. The thing is, Rotel cost a fortune here in Norway. I was thinking about having RSP-1098, RB-1090 and RMB-1095. In this country that would cost me well over $10.000. So I had a look on AudioReview.com, and found that the prices listed there were much, much lower. Even with Norwegian VAT included and shipping, it will still be a cheaper way to order the from overseas.

So can anyone give me a link to a reliable shop that sells Rotel products (wouldn't mind them selling Klipsch speakers either, as I'm going for that too), and ships to Norway? Preferably closest possible to Norway, but if I have to order from USA to get it cheaper, I'll do it.

Thanks.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

If you're serious about the Klipshe speakers you won't need the huge 1090 and 1095 power amps as they'll be seriously overkill given the extreme effiency of those speakers...I'm not usually the guy to warn people about buying too big an amp but given the higher costs you're looking at locally you'd be happy with something like the 1075 powering those klipshe's which would still give you 125 watts into 8 ohms which is tons for a speaker rated at over 93 dB/1 watt etc.

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

Hi There,

I strongly second Andrew's recommendation. I run an 7.1 system RSP 1066, RMB1075, RB1070 with Klipsch 7 series in a very large (over 7000 cu ft) family room. The 1075 and 1070 both have more then enough power to meet the most demanding passages at high SPL.

Rotel's policy is to not allow it's dealer's to ship it's product to help prohibit phone and internet sales. I find that a pity because Rotel doesn't seem to have any "quality guidelines" for it's dealer selection and some of them are just loosers. For you this becomes an even greater problem.

If you WERE able to purchase from a dealer here in the US you will have USA gear with no warrantee protection overseas. Therefore, I would suggest another option. Perhaps you should explore the used market on Audiogon or even eBay. With careful shopping your risk of receiving a bum unit is highly reduced since the original owner will have most likely had any problem's resolved.

If you would like to contact me by PM or eMail I can give you even another alternative.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• AnyWhere
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tenfjord
        Hey,
        I'm at the moment considering upgrading my HT, and found Rotel electronics quite interesting. The thing is, Rotel cost a fortune here in Norway. I was thinking about having RSP-1098, RB-1090 and RMB-1095. In this country that would cost me well over $10.000. So I had a look on AudioReview.com, and found that the prices listed there were much, much lower. Even with Norwegian VAT included and shipping, it will still be a cheaper way to order the from overseas.
        I've always thought that Rotel is 'cheap' compared to many other brands here in Norway. And arent many of the reviews on audioreview.com based on second hand equipment? Can anyone of the overseas members list come up with a few prices, for example for the combo mentined above?

Thanks

Update:

Here are the numbers for brand new Rotel gear in Norway.

RB-1090 -> 19995 NKR -> ca $2870
        RMB-1095 -> 22995 NKR -> ca $3300
        RSP-1098 -> 29995 NKR -> ca $4300

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"