X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kemp
    • Nov 2003

1090 vs 2 x 1070

What would the pros/cons be between the two setups - 1 x RB1090 or 2 RB1070 in bridge mode to drive the mains?

Thanks
    Marius
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Go for the 1090, better power supply's, better components in general and no extra noise from bridging. If you were to do anything I'd properly bi-amp the 2 1070's which requires a lot more work and the additional purchase of a seperate crossover prior to the amp. Not worth it unless you already own 2 1070's IMO and the 1090 would likely still outperform them.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Wolfenstein 2k2
      • Jun 2004

Some time ago, I also asked myself whether two 1070´s in bridged mode or one 1080 would be the better deal to drive my Dynaudios. I tested both configurations and came to the conclusion that the 1080 outperformed the two 1070´s. Pure wattage is not everything, the 1080 has the better parts and a much higher damping factor to properly control my watt eating Dynaudios. Without doubt the 1090 will even kick my 1080´s butt clearly, so my recommendation is the 1090 as well.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'd go for the 1090 as well. As for damping factor any value above 100 is essentially moot so all the Rotel amps have plenty of damping...where the 1080 and 1090 shine though is the larger caps and beefier power supplies etc.

Comment

• shadow
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Wolfenstein 2k2
          Some time ago, I also asked myself whether two 1070´s in bridged mode or one 1080 would be the better deal to drive my Dynaudios. I tested both configurations and came to the conclusion that the 1080 outperformed the two 1070´s. Pure wattage is not everything, the 1080 has the better parts and a much higher damping factor to properly control my watt eating Dynaudios. Without doubt the 1090 will even kick my 1080´s butt clearly, so my recommendation is the 1090 as well.
          Where do you get the info that the 1090 has better parts than the 1070? The Rotel web site does not indicate superior parts, only more power. :wink:

Comment

• Bam!
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by shadow
            Where do you get the info that the 1090 has better parts than the 1070? The Rotel web site does not indicate superior parts, only more power. :wink:
            Shadow

I think he meant since they are built with a bit more beef to them.....hence better quality...

I think that's what he meant....

Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Kemp
              • Nov 2003

Thanks guys,

You have cleared it for me. I haven't ever listened to an amp that is in bridge mode, therefor wasn't sure what to expect.

I appreciate your quick response.
              Marius

Comment

• Wolfenstein 2k2
                • Jun 2004

I think he meant since they are built with a bit more beef to them.....hence better quality...
                Exactly. :B

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"