X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

RC-1090 vs RC-1580

Hi there.. Does anyone have a chance to compare those two preamps? Last week i tested a lot of electronics to complement with my B&W C1 setup. At the end the best sound give Rote RC-1090 / RB-1080 combo. Since i got this RC-1090 from friend just for test, and if im buying i can order RC-1580 (which is not on stock so i can't directly compare it) im wondering how different is RC-1580 compared to RC-1090?

Hope someone would answer me..

Greetings
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I think the 1580 is more comparible to the RC-1082. I have the RC-1090/RB-1092 and had the RC-1082 also. I preferred the RC-1090 for the overall sonics presented - better soundsta, depth and not as bright on the top end to me. I also found the phono stage in my 1090 to be better than the 1082.

Comment

• specialized
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by miner
      I think the 1580 is more comparible to the RC-1082. I have the RC-1090/RB-1092 and had the RC-1082 also. I preferred the RC-1090 for the overall sonics presented - better soundsta, depth and not as bright on the top end to me. I also found the phono stage in my 1090 to be better than the 1082.

Seem that Rotel with new models do the downgrade compared to older models.. I still regret that they dont produced RB-1090 AMP

Darko

Comment

• BWzes03
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by specialized
        Seem that Rotel with new models do the downgrade compared to older models.. I still regret that they dont produced RB-1090 AMP

Darko
        Its not so much a 'downgrade' as much as the RC-1090 was a 'no compromise' flagship analogue pre-amp. Much like the RSP-1098 and the 'follow-ups' not being in the same league.

Comment

• specialized
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by BWzes03
          Its not so much a 'downgrade' as much as the RC-1090 was a 'no compromise' flagship analogue pre-amp. Much like the RSP-1098 and the 'follow-ups' not being in the same league.

Hmmm It's not that "no compromise flagship analogue pre-amp". I know that becouse i had a chance to compare it at home (borrowed from my friend), with my McIntosh C2300. RC-1090 let's say was good enough for the price..Now for the same price RC-1580 seem to be downgrade definitly.. I had the same opinion with RA-1520 compared to old RA-1062..

Also i had a chance to listen RC-1550 preamp, and it's not even close to RC-1090 (i dont even mention this time my C2300). I had a idea to find a nice sounding preamp for my CM1 speakers (second setup in my working room) but seem that im a bit dissapointed, and maybe to start thinking some other route then Rotel (im not Rotel hater, im using 4 their amps (3 x RB-1080 and 1 x RB-1070, and RCD-1072 CD Player). I have a bad feeling that in new series they offer us less (

Darko

Comment

• cZwUV620
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by specialized
            Hmmm It's not that "no compromise flagship analogue pre-amp". I know that becouse i had a chance to compare it at home (borrowed from my friend), with my McIntosh C2300. RC-1090 let's say was good enough for the price..Now for the same price RC-1580 seem to be downgrade definitly.. I had the same opinion with RA-1520 compared to old RA-1062..

Also i had a chance to listen RC-1550 preamp, and it's not even close to RC-1090 (i dont even mention this time my C2300). I had a idea to find a nice sounding preamp for my CM1 speakers (second setup in my working room) but seem that im a bit dissapointed, and maybe to start thinking some other route then Rotel (im not Rotel hater, im using 4 their amps (3 x RB-1080 and 1 x RB-1070, and RCD-1072 CD Player). I have a bad feeling that in new series they offer us less (

Darko
            I haven't heard the RC-1090 but I couldn't be happier with my RC-1082. You're not going to find a better preamp for the price I paid (US $1000).

Comment

• specialized
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by cZwUV620
              I haven't heard the RC-1090 but I couldn't be happier with my RC-1082. You're not going to find a better preamp for the price I paid (US $1000).

For 1000 USD is good enough i guess. But here it's about 1700 USD new model RC-1580 which is a lot of money for that sound..

Darko

Comment

• bigburner
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

Originally posted by cZwUV620
                Agreed. My RC-1082 is definitely not on my upgrade list.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"