RSX-1055 Review - Has this problem been fixed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterB
    • Apr 2003

RSX-1055 Review - Has this problem been fixed?

I was all ready to join the club and buy a 1055 when I read a review from HiFi News (a UK publication) that someone had posted on another forum.

As you can see, everything looks good until you get to the distortion chart with the sub off and a small center or rears. I have large Fronts and Center, and small surrounds, so this is of particular interest to me.

Can any 1055 owners with a similar setup please comment on whether this is really a problem or whether it has been corrected. Thanks.

Peter
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

PeterB,

I read that article quite some time ago. After reading it I started doing some testing with my system using a Test CD and a sound meter.

As the article implies there is excessive bass with small speakers. This is the distortion they are referring to. By going into the sub set-up menu and adjusting sub level and playing with my sub woofer placement I was able to get a fairly flat response. Don't forget that many rooms will induce response errors greater than the double bass will. With a little tweaking you should be able to work this out fairly easily.

Don't let this deter you from this unit if you like it. It has great stereo performance for an AVR. Even with perfect bass reproduction from the electronics, most people have spikes and dips caused by their room. Many people even prefer a little extra bass as they are used to listening with too much bass. With a little effort you should be able to get a fairly flat bass response.

Would I but the 1055 again? In a heart beat.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The latest firmware has fixed all the bass management issues other then the multi channel input (which is being looked into as well) so its really a non issue now

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"