X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gillen
    • Dec 2003

Rotel Service Arrrghh!!!

I sent my RDV-1060 at Rotel service 3 months ago, for now no positive answer because the problem seems common at all the gears ( my previews written : http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=7751).
    If I change with RDV-1050, what's your opinions!!
    Thanks Gil
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Please send me an email with as much detail as you can and I'll make sure the right people see to it that you get a resonable solution to your problem

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by gillen
      I sent my RDV-1060 at Rotel service 3 months ago, for now no positive answer because the problem seems common at all the gears ( my previews written : http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=7751).
      If I change with RDV-1050, what's your opinions!!
      Thanks Gil
      Has it made its way to Rotel or still sitting at your dealer. With thanks to Andrew and his contact I had my 1095 sent to a service center and back in my hands 7days later.

ht_addict

Comment

• stantheman2
        • Apr 2004

My Rotel experience: I bought a new RSX-1056 only to have it go up in smoke immediately upon power-up. Dealer didn't immediately jump to help me. With Andrew's help, the Rotel US tech rep got involved and I had a replacement within 7 calendar days. In the end, I felt I got good service, but I had to push for it. The Club Rotel messsage board was very valuable in this regard. My post here venting my initial frustration and disappointment really got their attention and, in my opinion, improved Rotel's motivation to resolve my problem quickly.

IMO, a 3-month wait is unconscionable, but I would guess your delay is probably more attributable to your dealer than Rotel.

However, an important thing to note is that I am EXTREMELY satisfied with the sound, features, and overalll build quality of my Rotel.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Right as was pointed out Rotel's tech staff are more then willing to go the extra mile when asked nicely as is evidence by the posts above. While the delays and frustrations are real from what I've seen its mostly at the dealers end not Rotel's.

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
            from what I've seen its mostly at the dealers end not Rotel's.
            This is something that I see gripes about far too often, here AND in the field. Rotel seems to want to maintain an "exclusive" dealer network, yet that network doesn't seem to want to extend the effort that it takes to support the Rotel brand in general, and stay abreast with Rotels common issues. This statement I will accompany with my apologies to those few and far between Rotel dealers that are doing their job properly.... I just haven't found one yet.

I build multi-million dollar homes for a living, and most of the homes I build are equipped with dedicated Theater and/or sophisticated AV rooms. This amounts to about 5 HT setups a year that I purchase. It has reached the point where I will not specify/purchase Rotel for any of the homes I build mostly because the dealers associated with the brand are too weak, are full of misinformation and do not meet my standards to properly serve our end customers needs. I have two Rotel dealers that I deal with (two of the three that exist here in S. Florida). One of them is headed by such a snob that it truely gets in the way of any real meaningful relationship and interaction, and the other I think would rather sell us another brand.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• gillen
              • Dec 2003

Thank you guys for your answers.
              To answer your question:"Rotel service or dealer? ".
              3 apr 04 brought RSX1055 - RDV1060 to local dealer .
              Local dealer sent both to italian distributor.
              After two or three weeks I phoned to distributor, they told me that there wasn't any problems noticed, I asked them to verify all again.
              After a month they returned me RSX1055 without problem found. (The day after it lost all user (my) parameters, labels ...).
              For the RDV1060 they told me that the problem is common to other gears tested in house and so they shipped the 'optical assembly' in Rotel England for further test.
              We were in touch recently, they told me that Rotel England shipped them a new modified 'optical assembly' but after tested it on my gear the problem still remain (seems less frequently).
              It's up to you to judge.

Andrew Pratt
              Thank you for your helpfulness, I e-mail you detailed story next days.

Thanks Gil

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Thanks Gil...when you send me the info i'll forward it to the right person that will take an interest in these delays.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"