X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Important new return policy for Rotel of America

Just a heads up. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the new process of QA'ing equipment as it comes into North America, trying to remove shipping damaged product before it goes out to dealers. Rotel of America has now taken that another step to insure quality of service.

Rotel's new return policy allows any product that fails within the first year of purchase to be immediately replaced with a new A-stock piece at no charge to the dealer or you. This applies to current models only. Products announced as discontinued with have a 90 replacement policy, with A or B stock replacement as available or expedited repair.

This will be handled through your dealer as they will need to verify the problem as a failure and fill out the appropriate forms.

Kevin D.
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

Good to know. Thanks for info Kevin.

Comment

• EastCoaster
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Just a heads up. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the new process of QA'ing equipment as it comes into North America, trying to remove shipping damaged product before it goes out to dealers. Rotel of America has now taken that another step to insure quality of service.

Rotel's new return policy allows any product that fails within the first year of purchase to be immediately replaced with a new A-stock piece at no charge to the dealer or you. This applies to current models only. Products announced as discontinued with have a 90 replacement policy, with A or B stock replacement as available or expedited repair.

This will be handled through your dealer as they will need to verify the problem as a failure and fill out the appropriate forms.

Kevin D.
      You know what - that's very smart of them. I've been reading up on Rotel and must say I was a bit concerned about buying the brand simply because of the volume of complaints (1067s humming, 1080s frying, 1060s breaking down, etc.). This will definitely make me take another look at Rotel - well done on their part.

Comment

• Wardo
        • May 2006

WOW! that's a very bold warranty! Good job Rotel!

Comment

• 2manyremotes
          • Oct 2006

THAT IS GREAT, since my new RSP1068 IS DOWN with no audio. But the same exact thing happened to the RSP976 (the 1068 replaced) Sounds like they are linking it to the 12v trigger. DONT USE THE 12V TRIGGER! will post on it

Matt

Comment

• bleeding ears
            • Nov 2004

2many, dont you mean the 1068 replaced the 1066 processor (not the 976)

Also from what I can gather it seems that most problems with the 1068 are related to the dsp boards within the processor, which apparently is a fairly quick fix by unplugging the board and plugging in a new one.

I just wonder if the boards are being replaced by one exactly the same or if they are sourcing a newer improved dsp board.

After speaking with Interdyn in Australia, I was given the impression that a newer board is now being used, however that may have meant a board that is exactly the same apart from having a software update.
            I believe the very latest version is V1.2.5 which has not yet been added to the Rotel website.

I am not aware of any issues with the trigger on the 1068, are you confusing it with the trigger on the 1080 amp?

Anyone know anything more on this dsp board or 12 volt trigger issue ?

Oh and getting back on topic it is great that Rotel are making improvements to their service, I hope they do the same in Australia.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by bleeding ears
              Also from what I can gather it seems that most problems with the 1068 are related to the dsp boards within the processor, which apparently is a fairly quick fix by unplugging the board and plugging in a new one.
              I wouldn't call it a quick fix, but it is easy. The board contains the multi-in and pre-out RCA's, all the digital inputs, and the computer I/O port. So you have to remove about 15 screws from the back. There's about 10 ribbon cables attached to it as well, but all different sizes so it's hard to mess up.

A bad DSP board usually allows any analog audio to be played, but no surround fields or digital inputs.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bleeding ears
                • Nov 2004

thanks Kev, heard anything about a newer dsp board ?

I was also told heat from the unit may be a contributor to the dsp boards demise. Heard anything about that ?

I cant say I have ever felt a processor or pre amp get as hot as the 1068 does.

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Haven't heard anything. I know the board I recently replaced was physically the same as the old one. Good chance of board level changes or better manufacturing.

Kevin D.

Comment

• slowrey
                    • Aug 2006

My RSX-1057 died within 13 1/2 months.... anyone have luck with swapping units out after 12 months?
                    ____

Sean

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"