X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Capitan
    • Jun 2004

Rotel Power amp for add'l rooms

Hi. New guy here at Club Rotel.

Quick question. I have the 1055 paired up with some axioms for the time being. I'm also doing a full house remodel, where I'm setting up a total of 4 pairs of in-ceiling speakers for ambient music in bedrooms and the kitchen. Although these speakers are relatively inexpensive, I wouldn't mind trying to stick to Rotel quality to drive them with the Zone 2 feature.

All 4 pairs have speaker wire coming back to a central closet where my a/v stuff will be located. Here is the link to the model (IA 525D): IMAGINE AUDIO

Is there a specific Rotel amp that will drive these well enough? Powerful enough that I could maybe add a 5th pair later for backyard speakers? But not too expensive for these speakers?

Thanks!

oh, btw, would I run all of these in parallel, where all the "reds" would come to one terminal on the amp, and all the "blacks" the other?
    Last edited by El Capitan; 16 June 2004, 14:45 Wednesday. Reason: clarify speaker model
  • El Capitan
    • Jun 2004

Doh!

I feel like an idiot. Right after I posted above, I found the RMB-1048 on Rotel's website. ops: LINK

I guess my question is, would this amp be overkill in quality for the speakers that I am installing?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

No i'd say the 1048 or 1066 would be ideal for your needs depending on how many channels you need

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

What does "overkill" mean? :B :rofl:

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I'm not sure either Jason :W

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Overkill means too much power, but it is actually an oxymoron in this case .

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"