X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rosros
    • Feb 2004

Stereophile Review of rsp 1068

July-August edition has Robert Deutsch review of the 1068. Robert was very enthusiastic with the 1068 commenting on the sonic qualities..."the sound was very impressive indeed." that it was "clean, detailed, dynamic and transparent" being a bit brighter and more agressive than the 1066.."the surround effects were first rate, and I was at times surprised by voices coming from the rear that I had not identified as clearly before." The 1068 "contineu to improve the effectiveness of decoding DD and DTS..." and "the RSP-1068 performed very well in the analog mode too".

Mr Deutsch commented that previous he ranked the rsp 1066 below the Anthem AVM20 and his Primare SP31.7, both over $3k. Now with the 1068 Mr Deutsch claimed that the 1068 came "astonishingly close to the SP31.7...the overall clarity, dynamics and surround effects matched the more expensive processor and the Rotel's feature set and ergonomics are actually superior." This in effect places the 1068 above the Anthem and at least equal to the Primare for 1/2 the price.

Still sitting on the fence, this article should be enough to push you over to the Rotel rsp 1068 :lol:
  • RACER4551
    • Apr 2004

I say go for it ,i did and couldnt be happier.I liked the 1066 dont get me wrong but for a 7.1 setup the 1068 and pro logic 2x is the bomb,also two channel stuff sounds so much better.Just got it two days ago,so still getting it dialed in.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"