X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james_dmi
    • Jan 2005

802D Stereophile Review

Anyone read got the December issue of Stereophile yet? If so how does the 802D do in their opinion and is the review complete with the mags usual thorough lab report.

I don’t have anywhere I can get the mag round me so I'm waiting for the digital version to be made available. Hopefully in a few days time….

James.
    James
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

*BUMP*

I hear that the issue is arriving in some people's mailboxes today.

(I am not "some people")
    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• roundmound
      • Sep 2004

Just picked up the new issue today at a local newstand.

A couple of the highlighted quotes from the article follow.

"The 802D exhibited degrees of detail resolution and clarity from the midrange up that could put some electrostatic speakers to shame."

"The result is a speaker that is remarkably transparent and detailed throughout the audible range."

"I try to restrict the speakers I review to those that interest me and that I can afford, and sometimes I question whether I should replace my current references. The 802D is pretty much at the outer limit of what I can afford, but it has forced just such a consideration."

Comment

• JKalman
        • Nov 2005

Yeah, I think he liked them. That same issue has convinced me I must try out a Rega P5 Turntable and re-affirmed that I need to try out the Ayre C-5xe when I have money after x-mas (though I need a sony SXRD 60" TV first, since I will be picking up my xbox 360 tomorrow morning at 8:00AM and a 36" Sony XBR is not going to cut it much longer with the rest of my setup).

Now that my parents have moved into a new house, I reaquired all my old records as well as all my parents old records, which leaves me with a very nice size collection but no record player. I want to hear Pet Sounds and Rubber Soul on a decent player.

Comment

• JKalman
          • Nov 2005

OK, I admit, the Sony XBR 36" doesn't cut it already, lol... I should move my Toshiba 56" Theatre wide into the room until I can get the SXRD but it has burn in on the sides.

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by JKalman
            I want to hear Pet Sounds and Rubber Soul on a decent player.
            I listened to Side 1 of Rubber Soul on Friday night. Great album. Followed it up with Side 1 of Blind Faith. Just love that vinyl!

Comment

• Blazar
              • Feb 2004

The review was certainly positive toward the 802D's. The reviews of a couple of other mags was also positive. My personal experience has certainly been very positive. Soon as I get the owens corning 703 fiberglass (additional bass traps) put into my room I'm sure it will sound even better.
              Blazar!
              (HTPC/Panasonic SA-XR55/B&W 802D/HTM-1/SCMS)

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"