X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ossi
    • Jul 2003

Question regarding DLI IIx on the RSP 1098

I came over the problem that in the input device menu I can set Dolby PL IIx as a standard and can then chose between Cinema and Music. So far so good.
    However, when I play a DVD, and have set this correctly to DPLIIx Cinema,
    on the status screen will appear DD+ DPLIIx M.
    So M stands for Music, right?
    Pushing the Mode button on the front of the unit will give me some choice like DD+XS or DD EX, but none that says DD+ DPLIIx C, for Cinema.
    So this does not compute.
    I did not find any DPLIIx Game mode either.
    I have software version 2.1.2, so is this a bug in the software or am I doing something wrong?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've noticed that as well with regard to the music mode. The 1098 doesn't have the game mode as its an optional item for PLII though its something that should be able to be added if we push for it.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Ossi,

To fix this on my unit I went into the SETUP MENU. Then to the INPUT Menu and for my DVD Player etc used the OPTION selection at the bottom of the screen. This then gives a new screen with the DPL IIx options and a choice of CINEMA or MUSIC. Make it CINEMA.

Do this for each device you are going to get a DPL track from (Cable, Satellite etc) and you're done.

Then play each of those devices, selecting different types of track (DD 5.1, DTS 5.1 and DD 2.0 and for each of these (as needed) use the SUR+ key and then the + or - to select the mode. (DD DPL IIx Cin etc) if needed. Some should already be right.

Once all this is done if you're lucky (and I seem to be with this) the RSP-1098 will remember DPL IIx Cinema for DD 2.0, DD 5.1, DD EX and DTS 5.1

Give it a go and see...

Geoff

Comment

• Ossi
        • Jul 2003

Geoff

the problem is that by selecting the SUR+ key and using -+ I do not get any DD +DPLIIx C mode to chose from. I did set this up correctly in the input menue for the DVD-player where standart is shown to be DPLIIx C but I just miss the option with the mode key to set it up correctly. It will always show DD+DPLIIx M, no matter what I do.
        I wonder what the problem could be....

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Maybe someone else can help?

Ossie

Sorry - what I suggested worked for me...

Maybe someone else can help?

Geoff

Comment

• Ossi
            • Jul 2003

Ok, here is what I found out.
            I use a 6.1 setup, means I have one surround back speaker. In this configuration for Dolby Digital there is no way to get DD+DPLIIx C.
            But if I setup a 7.1 system then suddenly I have the option pushing the mode button to also choose DD+DPLIIX C.
            I do not know if there is a requirement by Dolby not to be able to use DPLIIx C with a 6.1 setup so Andrew might want to check this with Rotel.
            Maybe it is just a bug in the software. But this is the deal right now.
            No DD+DPLIIx C from a DD source when you have a 6.1 setup, only DD+DPLIIx M is available.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I did some testing on my 1098 and it now works like it should. I learned that one thing that was screwing me up was that I had a call to PLIIx M in my macro list on my pronto which was switching it on me...not sure why I had that call in there but needless to say it was confusing the issue ops: Anyway I set all my video inputs to PLIIx C and then set that as a user default and then told it to reset itself to the user default to force it to recognize the new settings. It now stays on PLIIxC all the time so it does work like its supposed to...and I'm still in 6.1 mode not 7.1

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"