X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sounddog
    • Feb 2003

Cinema EQ

Can anyone tell me ... the Cinema EQ mode on the RSP1066 ... does it just roll off the high end frequencies ... or is it more complex in the manner of THX Re-eq processing?

Vikki
  • sounddog
    • Feb 2003

Anyone ...?

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Doesn't say in any of the manuals.. I would imagine it a little bit more than a rolloff.. Probably THX without the name.. A call to Rotel would clarify it though..

Either way, I don't care for THX or Cinema EQ

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

There might be something about it on the THX site but in essense yes it rolls off the high end a little. Its intended for DVD's that have a sound mix that's recorded too hot with the intent that the centre channel would be located behind a screen as occurs in most movie theaters. If the DVD hasn't been remixed for the home environment and your center channel isn't behind a screen then you may find some sound tracks too bright at the top end....most modern DVD's that I know of have been remixed for home though so I'm not sure how important this is any more.

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

I had a THX Select receiver (Onkyo SP-NR900e) before I moved to the Rotel (RSP1066), and I did sometimes try thins re-equalisation (as its called with THX) and I hated the sound of it. Everything sounds very flat with it enabled and therefore I never enabled it. The cinema eq creates a similar flat sound.

In general, just dont use it

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"