X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GenesisFreak
    • May 2004

RB-1090 Wins!

Hi Everyone;

Just wanted to let everyone know that I decided to move up from the RB-1080 amp to the 1090. You know, I thought that my system sounded incredible before, but now....holy crap!

I HIGHLY recommend the 1090. This amp delivers such a great bottom end, with complete attention paid to the subtle highs. The amount of detail is incredible. My system is truly, (and finally), complete.

Thanks to everyone's advice on whether to upgrade. I am glad that I spent the money for it. Peter Gabriel and the boys never sounded so good.

Take care everyone,

GF
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

GenesisFreak,

Congratulations on trusting the advice from this forum and taking the time to audition the RB-1090. I'd bouy one in a heartbeat if (when?) I have more demanding speakers to drive. It really adds something extra in control and clarity that is just worth it when you need to play loud ...

Enjoy!!

Geoff
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 10 June 2004, 11:27 Thursday.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Congrats! :P

Jealously,

Jason :B
      Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

You lucky guy :drool:

Comment

• ghostbuster
          • May 2003

Rb-1090

Hi guys,

I got the chance to buy a second hand RB-1090. I use it to drive my xanadu front speakers. It's a big improvement i must say (for stereo), before i used my RMB-1095 for all my speakers (now only for the center and rears).The RB-1090 drive's my speakers so at ease. The bass and soundstage is so much better. I'm happy again. :T

bye,
          Arjan

Comment

• tanwn
            • Jul 2004

Hi, this is calvin from Singapore. I'm using RB1090 too with Nautilus 801 and nordost red dawn cabling. Let me tell, this combo sounds very very neutral and accurate. The midrange and treble is something to die for, absolute neutrality and silky smooth midrange treble, bass is very very controlled. Timing with nordost is hard to beat, every stop and start in the music is breathtaking, it is just ever so much faster and precise with nordost cabling. RB1090 controls much better than RB1080 and RB993, it may sound a bit more lean but this is due to the better grip on the woofer and it just sounds more open and detailed compared to the lower series rotel. My two cents.

Comment

• lazermike
              • Jul 2003

I totally agree. I went from a 991, to the 1090. I was and have been very happy with it since. I use it to drive Boston VR3's, which dont need the extra power, but sure benefit from it. Even with the speakers on the small settings, I kept having to take bass away from the sub. I only use the sub to fill in the bottom, as I love bass, but have too much depending on the source. For that, you have to love the Rotel's ability to tune it on the fly. I use the RMB 1075 to take care of all the rest, and have not considered upgrading to the 1095, because in my room, I dont think it would do all that much.

Comment

• Kevin97225
                • Oct 2004

I agree with all the excellent things being said about the Rotel RB-1090!
                I love mine. When I sit and listen, I'm still so stunned with the sound.
                It's superb and very smooth. I'm also amazed at the HUGE soundstage it
                gives, or maybe it's with the help of the Rotel RC-1090?
                You're going to love the RB-1090!!!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"