X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Buyer's Remorse ARGH!!!

Well, I am one of those people that makes a decision, pulls the trigger. Then over thinks the hell out of it once it's done. :??

I've been catching up on my reading here at the club as of late, :lurk: and just called my dealer and asked him to put a RSP-1068 aside for me (replacing my RSP-1066.) I've wanted the 1098 ever since I saw it. But knew that it would be a budget stretch anytime soon. I'm not sure that in my case, my needs and wants. That I can justify the 1098 over the 1068. Although, being a tech geek, I do tend to buy the latest and greatest, with all the bells and whistles, whether it's AV, a toaster, or a ballpoint pen. :P But then I end up with items like my cell phone, half of the stuff that's there, I don't even use.

So it looks like I'll be picking up an RSP-1068 this afternoon. And of course putting my RSP-1066 up for sale. I hope that the differences between the 2 will justify the move. My budget allows for the switch, even if there is a decent difference in performance, and features. Some of the things I've read support the decision. The DACs, processor and configuration changes (i.e. separate speaker crossover settings, enter the distance between speakers and listening position for setup, start up volume setting) alone will be enough to justify it.

But like I said, come tomorrow, I'll be questioning the decision like I always do. Hopefully it'll be like it was when I went from my Yamaha receiver, to my 1066/1095 setup. The improvements to my HT and Audio environment were so drastic, so major. 8) :P That I quickly forgot about the money, and was able to fully enjoy my new gear. :tv:
    :T
    -Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

BTW, Once again, thanks so much to the members here, for posting their opinions, results and/or comments, on this a so many other topics. It's makes these purchase decisions so much easier, when you have such a wealth of experience and learned information to help with the process. HTGuide ROCKS!

;x( ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x(
    -Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

HTGuide and all it's members (including you ) do rock! :T

I doubt it'll be quite the same jump in performance as going from your Yammie but I'm sure you'll be happy

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• luszer
        • Feb 2003

Has anyone actually traded their 1066 back to the dealer for a 1068? How much did you spend along with the trade? Does is make more sense to conduct a private sale of the 1066 and walk in and get a good price on a 1068

Thoughts, advice

Thanks and happy listening

Ron

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Way to go Dog:T You'll love the new features in the 1068...esp its flexibility :E

Comment

• Rock Dog
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by luszer
            Has anyone actually traded their 1066 back to the dealer for a 1068? How much did you spend along with the trade? Does is make more sense to conduct a private sale of the 1066 and walk in and get a good price on a 1068

Thoughts, advice

Ron
            I know the 1066->1068 won't be as drastic as the Yammie -> 1066. But from what I've read, there should be enough of a difference in performance, and features that'll justify the outlay.

Unlike many here. My dealer does not offer trade-ups, or buy back or anything like that. I have to sell the 1066 privately, and try to get a good deal on the 1068. Most of us here are very aware of the "discounts" and deals tath are available to us from the ROTEL dealers. In most cases it's 10%, maybe 15% here and there. In my case it's the former. So I'll be putting the 1066 up on Ebay or Audiogoon shortly. I might even post it on the bulletin boards here at work. We've got 12,000+ people in this complex. A couple of them would most likely want a great piece of gear, with very little hours, and no marks whatsoever. :T

Andrew, Whoot! I'm excited about it (right now anyway) I was hoping to get the 1098 (but I ain't gots not PR@ dollars) : I'm looking forward to some of the new control, and functions. It means I'll have to spend a couple of hours with the Pronto to get things configured properly. And since this unit upconverts, I might have to get some of those fine ass Cat Cables. I'll check to see if I have enough of them now to wire this baad boy properly. :
            -Thomas-

Comment

• Howie
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by luszer

Thoughts, advice

Ron
              I gave the dealer my 1066 and 2K for my 1098. Probably not the best of deals, but I'm happy anyway.
              Howie

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Let me know if there's anything you need help with regarding the pronto.

Comment

• Rock Dog
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Howie
                  I gave the dealer my 1066 and 2K for my 1098. Probably not the best of deals, but I'm happy anyway.
                  Well, I ended up with 10% off the 1068. So now I just have to pack up the 1066 and list it. Well... that and take the 1066 out, put in the 1068, and re wire everything. That part sucks! :roll:
                  -Thomas-

Comment

• DrJRapp
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2003

Thomas

I anxiously await hearing you first impressions. I've been sitting on the fence waiting to hear what people think of the audible difference between the two units. My 1066 is only 10 months old and my wife can't believe that I need a new one already....unless of course it really sounds all that much better!
                    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• luszer
                      • Feb 2003

Well, I ended up with 10% off the 1068. So now I just have to pack up the 1066 and list it. Well... that and take the 1066 out, put in the 1068, and re wire everything. That part sucks!

Rock Dog

Rewiring and setting up a whole new system is one of the reasons holding me up from pulling the trigger on the 1068 upgrade

Funny Thing: When I called my dealer 2 days ago and inquired about the upgrade policy/cost I wasn't happy with the cost, So I happened to ask if he had any B&W CMD line hanging around. My surprise blacnk 9NT had my name on it. Just picked them up and tuned in, marvelous, amazing!!!!

Happy Listening with your new baby 1068

I'll be hanging and enjoying the 1066 9NT combo for a bit

Ron

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"