X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyPTX
    • Apr 2003

Music DSP Mode Names

OK, anyone here have or know what type of environments each of the DSP modes on the RSX-1055/1065/1066 are supposed to be other than Music 1, Music 2, Music 3, blah..blah..blah?

I'm so used to the processor/receiver actually telling you what it is (concert hall, church, auditorium, etc...)

TonyPTX

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."
  • TonyPTX
    • Apr 2003

BUMP....

Come on.....anyone here?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

honestly I've never bothered to use them since I find them all to artifical sounding.

Comment

• JKohn
        • Jun 2002

I don't really use them, but I believe I read somewhere (maybe in the manual), that each mode is modeled after slightly larger environment than the one that preceded it. So Music1 would be the smallest environement, with them going up from there. Basically, they just increase the delay to the rear channels I think. I don't think the DSP modes on the Rotel gear are nearly as varied or elaborate as what you see on receivers from Yamaha or Sony, for instance, because Rotel probably thinks that the target market for their products have little or no interest in these DSP's (and I would tend to agree with that assumption).

On the rare occasion when I want to venture beyond 2-channel for stereo music, I find the ProLogic 2 Music mode to be the best mode on the 1066.

Jeff Kohn
        Jeff Kohn
        http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Me thinks JKohn has it right. Really, the best thing to do is try them out to see what suits you listening likes. Generally, I don't like to use any of them. I've tried out each of the Musics 1-4 briefly and abandoned each of them in the end. Now, I just use two channel stereo and occasionally 5 channel stereo as, to me, these sound best.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"