X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

SACD/DVDA Genre (Christian Music)

Maybe some one in the Guide knows a place to get this type of Music. I am wanting to get some SACD or DVD-A in Contemporary Christian Music. I know that it is a tall request due to Christian Music being light years behind the times. But if some one knows where I can get them please post.

Thanks,
    Snap
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Snap
    Maybe some one in the Guide knows a place to get this type of Music. I am wanting to get some SACD or DVD-A in Contemporary Christian Music. I know that it is a tall request due to Christian Music being light years behind the times. But if some one knows where I can get them please post.

Thanks,
    Snap

Snap, I am a huge fan of DC Talk, Third Day & Burlap to Cashmir to name a couple, anyway, I have never been able to find any CC Multichannel music. If there was any I'd be interested myself.
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hmmmm, maybe give a christian book store a try. If it isn't on the shelf, tell the owner of your wishes and maybe he or she can get it for you.

I'm sure you could probably accomplish the same, if you asked an dedicated CD store also. Just a couple of ideas.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Foxman
        Snap, I am a huge fan of DC Talk, Third Day & Burlap to Cashmir to name a couple, anyway, I have never been able to find any CC Multichannel music. If there was any I'd be interested myself.
        Burlap to Cashmir! :T have they made a new album yet? They basically fell off the face of the planet. Thanks for the Post Foxman. Thirday is awesome as well!

Darn the bad luck. I would really like to hear a good recording of Burlap! GREAT Drum tracks! They are awesome! 8)

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

No, sadly virtually NONE of my favorite arists and albums are on SACD/DVD-A, including many Christian works. This is still the biggest downfall of those formats. You know, if they'd just put out the entire U2 works on SACD/DVD-A, it would make me a happy man and give a permanent boon to those formats.

Honestly, I don't know of any Christian works in multi-channel formats, other than maybe a DVD-video of a concert. It's a shame--several works would be exceptional on SACD/DVD-A, like Jars of Clay, Rich Mullins, Phil Keaggy, Phil Driscoll, etc. (some of my favorites)
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Foxman
            • Jan 2003

You know I just thought of a DVD-A that you classify as Contemporary Christian. Aaron Nevile has a DVD-A but I can not remember the name, it's great.
            IMO

My Movies
            Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Snap
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2005

I am going to right a few of the lables "integrity" being one of them and ask what the hold up is. Maybe they will give me some good intel.

I will keep you posted when I hear something.
              :T

Comment

• Nick M
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

While I'm not religious, I own the multichannel Mormon Tabernacle's Choir Christmas put out by Telarc on SACD. A spectacular performance no matter your opinion on the big guy! :T
                ~Nick

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Oooh, wow, Nick, that sounds great!

And yeah, Aaron Neville has two DVD-A's out. "Believe" and something else. I think I have "Believe". Very good--not my top type of music, but it does well.
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• gimpy
                    • Sep 2004

Hi, just getting into this multi-channel music. I've got a dual-sided cd by Mercy Me. I've only played it once on the dvd side for the mc music. I didn't think it sounded all that good, not nearly as good as the sacd of Diana Krall I have (only sacd disk I have. I, just this week, bought/set up an sacd dvd player.), so I changed it back to two channel. I, too, would be interested in finding some CC sacd's.

regards, Frank

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
                      And yeah, Aaron Neville has two DVD-A's out. "Believe" and something else. I think I have "Believe". Very good--not my top type of music, but it does well.
                      Aaron Neville has three DVD-A's out that I know of. In addition to "Believe" that Chris mentions, there is "Nature Boy", and "Devotion". I don't think "Nature boy" is a 'Christian' disc, but "Devotion" certainly is (aside for the odd Simon and Garfunkle tune). It makes for great listening on an early Sunday morning if you can enjoy Aaron's unique vocal style. (It starts with "Morning Has Broken")

Cracking!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"