X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wernert
    • Feb 2004

Dolby Digital EX on RSP-1066

Hope someone can help.

I have been reading articles in the forum for quite some time and have found them interesting and informative.

Recently watched Lord of the Rings (Return of the king) and noticed that the processor locks on to DD EX automatically. I have also noticed that when pressing the right arrow on the remote, the decoding changes to DD EX on non EX encoded material. The only problem is that the decoding changes back to DD after a chapter change. Is there any way that you can lock the decoding to EX? I am on the latest firmware ver 2.26

My system are as follows:

Rotel RSP-1066
    Rotel RMB-1075
    Nad T550 Dvd player (will upgrade soon to RDV1060 as 1080 is not available here), Audioquest interconnects.
    Jamo Classic 8 fronts, Jamo Classic 6 rears, Boston VRC centre, Jamo SW1008 sub, Jamo C160 rear centre (saving for RMB1070 amp so that I can connect)
    Philips pronto remote
    Sony 34" Wega TV
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

I tested my 1066, same software version, with Return of the King, and it did not have that issue. I am using a Rotel DVD player though, maybe there is something strange on the output of your DVD player? Check to see what kind of setting you have the audio output on the player set on.
    G.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"