X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AM4966
    • Jul 2006

Rotel Quality?

I am wanting to buy a Rotel 1068, 1075 or 1067 but I am a little hesitant since I have been doing some reading here and on other forums and it seems to me that Rotel has some quality problems. Now I know that they sell a ton of equipment and the folks that post online are only a small percentage of those customers. However, I would like to hear what everyone here has to say, since it seems that most of you have been Rotel customers for sometime and are very informed!

On a side note, I am also considering a Arcam AVP 700 and Amp(?) or a Arcam AVR 300-350 and BK Reference 50 S2 and Amp(?)

TIA

AM
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

I'm confident with Rotel stuff. I don't think that Rotel products have more problems than other higher to mid HIFI manufacturers. Now, I know that some guys have had issues with Rotel products, and I'm not saying they are perfect but... I love my rotels (the quality of sound, the look, the value...)

Arcam is good too, but Rotel stuff is so much prettier .

Cheers,
    Alex

RMB-1095
    RSP-1066
    RDV-1040
    Last edited by Alex999; 31 July 2006, 03:35 Monday.

Comment

• NMG
      • Oct 2004

I have an RB-1080, an RC-1070 and an RCD-1072 and they have all performed flawlessly. I've been very impressed with the gear, especially for the price. It looks appealing, it is well built and it sounds great

Comment

• comeup
        • Jul 2005

I have two rotel amps, a cd player, and a preamp and have had no problems with any. I've had my five channel for three or four years and its been played almost everyday.
        Blake

Comment

• Joey_V
          • Jul 2005

3 Rotel gears.... the RC1070, the RB1070, and the monster RB1090.... all have performed very well.

I'm going to add a RCD1072 to my collection soon.

Joey
          Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
          Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
          System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• Marlboroman
            • Aug 2005

I have never had any problems with my Rotel gear.

Comment

• sirbogey
              • Mar 2006

I've owned Rotels since 1996 and I don't think they are any different than other brands. Some do break and others run for decades. These days you get 2y warranty and from then on it's pure luck. Overall I've been very happy with Rotel. Design, design, design...

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

I have had a fuse blow on my RB-1070 - that is all the probelms I have had with any of my Rotel gear. My previous Denon setup could not hold a candle to the Rotel quality.

Comment

• miner
                  • Mar 2005

I have had a fuse blow on my RB-1070 - that is all the probelms I have had with any of my Rotel gear. My previous Denon setup could not hold a candle to the Rotel quality.

Comment

• musman
                    • Jul 2006

Rotel did have some trouble with their amps in the past but have announced that they fixed the problem. The trouble they were having is the amps would blow fuses. No big deal since all you need to do is replace the fuse & 90% of the time that was the only thing wrong, this is my understanding anyway.

Comment

• cfrizz
                      • Apr 2006

I passed some 16 yr old Rotel equipment on to my brother. RB-850 Amp, the 850 preamp, & the RCD-855 CD player. After being relocated for the 4th time in those 16 yrs, one of the 4 fuses in the RB-850 amplifier blew. He replaced all of them & it started right up.

My brother was extremely impressed with the craftsmanship of the amp when he opened it up & how many fuses were inside to protect it!

Everything else works as good as the day I bought them! :T

Rotel Rocks!
                      Cathy
                      ---------
                      Sunfire TGP III, Sunfire Cinema Grande 405wpc 5 channel Amplifier, :B Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Sony PS-454 Turntable, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston 920 Center Channel, Boston PV600 Sub Woofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Comment

• mpauline
                        • Dec 2003

I say go for it and buy Rotel. I have owned Rotel amps and processors for the last 8 years. The performance for the dollar value is outstanding.

I have had trouble with one processor, the RSP 976, and with one amp. However in both cases Rotel replaced the units with brand new replacements.

I currently own a RSP 1098 with 7 glorious channels of Rotel power coming from a 1095 and a 1080.

Love it and wouldn't replace it....well maybe if I had more money :-)

Comment

• PewterTA
                          • Nov 2004

One thing that people must realize is in a forum like this, the PROBLEMS are going to get more attention than the praises.

People often find this forum for Rotel when their gear has problems, they are hoping we can help. This does not take into account the mass majority of people that aren't on this forum that have Rotel gear (and the amount that aren't here) that haven't had any problems.

Unfortuneately, there are going to be problems, it's just the nature of the beast. I do not feel (IMHO) that Rotel has any more (or less) problems than any other manufacture out there (on average). So feel confident in what you buy and enjoy the listening bliss!
                          Last edited by PewterTA; 03 August 2006, 20:04 Thursday.
                          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                          -Dan

Comment

• fordster
                            • Feb 2005

I own an RA-1062, RSX-1056, RDV-1060, RA-01 and RCD-02 and the only one I've had problems with has been the RDV-1060. When I first got it I had problems playing a DVD Audio disc. This was quickly fixed by Rotel with a board upgrade. I currently have some issues with it playing DVDs and once my dealer has moved into their new premises I'll take it back to them to send away for repair. It's about 18 months old so I've still got some of the 2 year warranty remaining. I'm happy with the overall reliability of my equipment and my experience when things have gone wrong (as they do occassionally with any manufacturer) has been very positive.
                            Dave

Comment

• Boombox
                              • Oct 2005

My RA932 is almost 6 years old now.

After the initial "new" phase, we've had dorm parties with it, batchelor parties with it, blah, blah, blah; it even played at a wedding....this year!! The only two things I have not done with it is DROP IT, or SCRATCH IT.

It runs flawlessly... :T

The same is true for my new 10 series gear...
                              Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• BassThatHz
                                • Jul 2006

I own a RMB-1075; it has operated flawlessly since day one. I work from home and have it on 5-10 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Comment

• sirbogey
                                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
                                  One thing that people must realize is in a forum like this, the PROBLEMS are going to get more attention than the praises.

People often find this forum for Rotel when their gear has problems, hoping we can help. This does not amount to the mass majority of people that aren't on this forum and have Rotel gear and the amount that are here and haven't had any problems.

Unfortuneately, there are going to be problems, just the nature of the beast. I do not feel (IMHO) that Rotel has any more (or less) problems than any other manufacture. So feel confident in what you buy and enjoy the listening bliss!
                                  That is very very true... :T

Comment

• Mach9
                                    • Oct 2005

Rotel Quality

I haven't posted in a while ,I have had Rotel products for the last 7 to 8 yrs , I 've owned the RSP -976 ,the RSP -1066 , and know finally the RSP -1098 ,amps are the RB -1090 and the RMB -993 the only snags being a bad on /off switch on the 1066 in which Mike Sheehan of Rotel fame had one replaced in a week and a defective pwr switch on the 1090 which also was fixed ASAP , always great service from Mike and excellent bulid quality from Rotel ,Praises are quite often overshadowed by negativity ! Cheers !

Comment

• rpryan
                                      • Mar 2005

the only Rotel gear I have now is a rcd-1072 (about 2 years) and have not had one problem. sounds great and for the price, it was one of my smartest purchases

Comment

• aud19
                                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Aug 2003

1066/1075 owner for over 3 years now, not a problem
                                        Jason

Comment

• hery
                                          • Mar 2003

I've owned a RSX-1055, RMB-1075, and a RB-1050 now for three plus years with no problems!!

Comment

• Eliav
                                            • Jul 2005

OK guys, sorry to spoil the party.
                                            I have had rotel gear for a year. the 1060 dvd reader broke after 9 months, and fixed by rotel. it is however still noisy and makes a tweeky noise when it runs. The 1095 sometimes produce a buzz from it's inside (and sometimes not...) . I am sure other components at this price range have their own problems, just wanted you to be aware of my experience with rotel. Otherwise it sounds great and IMHO is a good value for the money.

Eliav
                                            :T Socrat

Comment

• Henk
                                              • Jun 2003

I own two Rotel amps (1075 and 1090) and the 1098 processor. The 1098 had 12 volt trigger problems which were fixed under warranty. No problems with the amps. I used to have a RDV 1060 DVD player, but that gave problems and I traded it in for a Denon.

Comment

• benny
                                                • Jan 2005

Buy their amps with confidence. My 1070 pre went out once, and now the center volume LED is out on my second. I'm on my 3rd RCD-1070 in 4 years. I'm hoping like hell that this one holds up. I haven't had any more issues since then, though. I enjoy my system very much but I couldn't reccomend a Rotel cd player to someone as far as reliability.

Comment

• dan87951
                                                  • Nov 2005

I have had many of there amps and I also have a RCC-1055 that saw lots of college party time and everything has been dead reliable! I had a harman 5 disc changer and finally got sick of it breaking so I spent the bucks and bought the RCC-1055 which got me hooked on Rotel gear and have never had a problem since, granted I have nver had any of there receivers or pre-amps..
                                                  dan87951
                                                  audio guru

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"