X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyPTX
    • Apr 2003

New Proud Rotel Owner

Well folks,
    I wanted to say hello to everyone. I became a proud Rotel owner about 2 weeks ago when I picked up my RSX-1055 from the local dealer. It's a beautiful piece of gear. Heard about this forum from some of the fine folks over at Club Polk. Anyways, plenty of good stuff here. Flashed my 1055 to v1.49 last night. Boy was I sweating it. Everything went fine, but I started reading more post then though "OMG, I flashed the 1055 with the wrong firmware (ie. the 1066)." Glad it's a one size fits all for these two models. I've been in contact with Mike Sheehan to discuss a few items, and he confirmed that the upgrade to go to the 200MHz video bandwidth should cost about $100. He also told me that since the unit I purchased has only been a few weeks, I could get the upgrade done under warranty, however I'll have to ship my receiver back to Rotel and be without for a few weeks

Made my own upgrade cable out of spare parts from the computer parts bin and a 15 foot phone extension cable (RJ11). Works like a charm. Total Cost: $0.00

Tony

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Welcome to the forum Tony. I'm being completely honest here when I say I've listened to tons of receivers, but never liked any of them as much as the 1055 at that price point. You made a great purchase. :later:

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• wng
      • Dec 2002

Welcome, Tony. Nice system you have there.

Comment

• TonyPTX
        • Apr 2003

Thanks for the welcome folks. I'll be lurking around for a while now to see what I can absorb.....lots of good stuff here. I'll to my best to stay out of the Club Integra forum.....It's hard. I sold my Onkyo SR600 online at E-Bay to afford the 1055. I'd say it was well worth the upgrade and I almost got full dollar for my SR600. Who says buying the extended warranty doesn't help? :LOL:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"