X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Obelix007
    • Jan 2003

Proud new Rotel 1066 owner

I just got the Rotel 1066 today. Originally I got the 1055. However the 1055 caused my speakers to pop loudly when it was turned on. I brought it back and since the dealer does not have another one, I decided to go with the 1066. Well, I am going to enjoy my system for a while. I just want to share my happiness with the other Rotel owners.
    Quan
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

I hear ya. I got my 1066/1095 combo on friday. I'm just getting everything straight. I'm sitting here now, redoing my Pronto Pro and listening to some Blue Man Group:T.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• SayersWeb
      • Dec 2002

Congratularions!!

Did you buy amps to go with it?

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

• SayersWeb
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Rock Dog
        I hear ya. I got my 1066/1095 combo on friday. I'm just getting everything straight. I'm sitting here now, redoing my Pronto Pro and listening to some Blue Man Group:T.
        Is that the Blue Man Group DVD Audio disc? I have it because I had an RP82 on order, but now they are out of stock. So I have a few DVD Audio discs but no player to hear them on.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

cool, congrats!

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Rock Dog
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SayersWeb
            Originally posted by Rock Dog
            Is that the Blue Man Group DVD Audio disc?
            Yessir! It's a great disc. Especially if you want to give your mid to low end drivers a workout.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• Obelix007
              • Jan 2003

I didn't have to any amps with it because I already have 2 Rotel 985mk2 amps. So far I found the 1066 is more warm and natural sounding than my old Denon 3801. Man, I can't wait until the weekend so that I can really enjoy my system.
              Quan

Comment

• WallaceBW
                • Jan 2003

Congrats...

If you have any questions be sure to ask because someone will most likely know the answer...

Brian

QUIZ: Did you realize that you can turn off the front panel display on the 1066 as to not disturb your movie experience?

ANSWER: You can... Just hold down the menu key on the remote (in 'AUD' mode) for 5 seconds. To turn it back on just press menu again.

Comment

• Rock Dog
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by WallaceBW
                  Congrats...

If you have any questions be sure to ask because someone will most likely know the answer...

Brian

QUIZ: Did you realize that you can turn off the front panel display on the 1066 as to not disturb your movie experience?

ANSWER: You can... Just hold down the menu key on the remote (in 'AUD' mode) for 5 seconds. To turn it back on just press menu again.
                  Plus! If you want to adjust something, like the volume. Just press the approrpiate remote button. The display comes on for the changes, then goes black again a couple of seconds afterword. :T

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• wng
                    • Dec 2002

You two crack me up. :LOL:

Congrats, Quan. You will be pleased.

Comment

• Ron Reda
                      • Jan 2003

You guys need to put out a master "Shortcut" list!

Comment

• Foxman
                        • Jan 2003

Quan, congrats I enjoy mine more with every movie/cd. I can't wait until the next movie...hmmmm, now if I can just get off early tonight..... :idea:

You just can't fix stupid
                        IMO

My Movies
                        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• martin
                          • Jan 2003

since a few day's i'm a proud owner too.
                          I bought the Rotel 1066 and the 1075.

My HT Homepage
                          My HT Homepage

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
                            • Sep 2002

Hoi Martin, welkom op dit forum (was ik inderdaad vergeten te vertellen). Mooi de two-tone uitvoering.

For all the others in English: Hoi Martin, welcome to this forum. I like his two-tone units.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                              • Dec 2002

Also a warm welcome here Martin! Another Dutchy!

I really like the silver ones, but I already had a black one, so I bought the others also in black, but for sure, the silver ones have the better looks!

------------------------------------------------------
                              Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• martin
                                • Jan 2003

Hi Guy's thanks, i'm very happy whit the set.
                                The silver look is great.

My HT Homepage
                                My HT Homepage

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Arnold van Oostrum
                                  Hoi Martin, welkom op dit forum (was ik inderdaad vergeten te vertellen). Mooi de two-tone uitvoering.

For all the others in English: Hoi Martin, welcome to this forum. I like his two-tone units.
                                  Arnold,

You forgot to translate "hoi"

For the english guys: It means something like hello :roll:

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Arnold van Oostrum

Whew! For a few seconds there, I thought I clicked on the wrong link. :LOL:

Martin, that looks very nice. Is that a Salamander rack?

Your picture looked somewhat familiar. :T

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• Obelix007
                                      • Jan 2003

Nice. Congrats Martin!
                                      Quan

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                        • Dec 2002

If I renember it right, it is a very well done DIY rack

Question. I have the 985 MKII, if I look to the difference in height between the 1066 and the 1075 of Martin, the 1075 looks a slight bit higher than mine 985. I dont know the exact specs.

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"