X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harharhar
    • Oct 2003

New 1055 owner

Just wanted to say hi and thanks. Thanks for helping me decide on the Rotel 1055. I usually have buyer's remorse at least for a little while on any item I purchase above $100, but no buyer's remorse on my purchase of the 1055. Spent my time and researched it well. Looked at NAD (2nd choice), Denon, Yamaha, Marantz and Pioneer Elite. I like to watch movies in surround, but music is of first importance to me. I haven't found any better receiver at this price point for music. (Sounds great for movies too.) And as my new cables break in it keeps getting better and better. I have B&W 601 S3's and an LCR 60 S3 (center) with rear surrounds and subwoofer a few cuts below (plans to upgrade there). I use Straightwire Stage speaker cable bi-wired, which is very nice for the price. I also use Straightwire Chorus interconnects which also have a nice price point >40 for 1M. I use a Pioneer Elite CD/DVD with multichannel out. Same unit that the store I bought my Rotel and B&W's from uses for demonstrations of the Rotel 1055 and 1065. Next acquisition will be a preamp so I can listen to my Vinyl. I here Rotel makes one.

Anyway hello.

RHar
    RHar
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Hey congratulatins!!!

Yes, I've heard other great surround receivers for movies, but no one, imo, touches the Rotel for two channel. Can't believe how good it sounds. About the surround speakers, I always thought of them as an afterthought or poor second cousin, but after getting some real nice ones, I'm dumbstruck how much they add. So, here's looking toward your next upgrade. You know, I've never had buyer's remorse with my Rotel either.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"