X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ron Reda
    • Jan 2003

Going rate for silver used RSP-1066?

I've been looking out on all of the various forums (HTF, HTG, etc.) and sale sites (eBay, Audiogon, etc.), but haven't seen too many silver rsp-1066's that are for sale or have recently sold. I'm looking to sell my mint condition unit (to upgrade to the 1068) and am kinda curious as to what to ask for it. Any ideas???
    Last edited by Ron Reda; 20 May 2004, 16:58 Thursday. Reason: wrong smilie posted to thread.
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Silver 1066

I've been watching both Audiogon and EBay. The silver 1066 seem to go right away at anywhere between $900 qnd $1100.

I am watching because I plan to do the same thing as you, upgrade. However I may go as far as a 1098 or perhaps even another brand of equipment.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• spiffnme
      • Apr 2003

yep...about $1000 seems to be what I've been seeing. I thought about doing the same thing, but the difference between the 1066 and 1068 seems too minimal for me to drop the extra cash. The 1068 seems like a great model for someone who's buying their first separates system. For someone who already has the 1066 it just doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade.

I just keep waiting for Rotel to eventually make a DVD player that can compete with the current Denon models. (They will eventually, right?)

Is DVI/HDMI outputs, SACD, and no delay layer switching too much to ask?

In the meanwhile I've bought the Pioneer 563A and have seriously enjoyed the first couple SACD's I bought. The player has been a little buggy with some DVD's, but for $150 what can I expect?

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Indeed Spiffnme, I've seen prices vary on Audiogon from $1000-1200 over the past couple of months for the silver model.

There is a black model on E-Bay with the bidding currently @ approximately $810.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14974&item=3096505 958&rd=1 .

Good Luck,

Azeke

Comment

• Ron Reda
          • Jan 2003

Well, one of the main reasons I'm upgrading is due to the better DACs in the 1068. I listened to a friend's H/K 520 receiver on several occasions and it seems to sound more detailed than my 1066. This completely baffles me. Now granted, we are using different speakers, but he has surround speakers that are unmatched to his fronts and even they sound more detailed. Sometimes I feel like the 1066 is lacking in retrieving that last bit of detail that I like to hear in movies and music. It's making me a bit frustrated as I'm running an all separates system, yet I still feel this way.

Comment

• spiffnme
            • Apr 2003

Different speakers in a different room? There's absolutely NO way you can deduce from that that it's your processor that's causing the difference you hear. In fact it's 99.9% likely that it's simply the room and speakers you're hearing.

Bring your friends HK into your house with your speakers and THEN see if you still think you want to upgrade your Rotel.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"