X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RACER4551
    • Apr 2004

Help with rsp-1066 bm

Greeeting,s all ,i know this has been answered before but cant seem to find what i want to know with the search.Anyway,concerning the sub cross-over setting in the sub setup menu,when you use this setting for anything other than off,are you only adjusting the sub feed or is this global for the speakers also?Second,if you set this to off and in the speaker menu set all speakers to large and sub to yes ,are you bypassing the bassmanagement?What happens if you set all speakers to large and sub to max are you still bypassing the bass management with the sub set to max?I am experementing with a icbm located between the processer and the amps for all bass management,the system seems to sound better with the all speakers large and sub to max with everything except multichannel direct stuff, which sounds better with the sub setting at yes.P.S I have performed the resister mod for the bass management .
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Setting your speakers to "Large" basically turns off any bass management. No bass will be re-directed from those speakers set to "Large" to the sub. If you set the sub to "Yes" with speakers "Large" it will receive only information in the ".1" channel. If you set the sub to "Max" it sends bass to both your mains and a copy of it to your subwoofer, basically doubling the amount of actual bass.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I guess more to the point I would think that, using your ICBM for bass management, you would set all speakers to large and no subwoofer then allow the ICBM to do all the bass management with output to your sub...?

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• RACER4551
        • Apr 2004

Thanks for the info,finally got back online,we just had a nasty storm go through this area,golf sized hail,broke my buddy's windshield in 9 places!Anyways,i havent tried the setup with no sub set in the the menu,you would think that you would want the sub input because why would the icbm have a input for it?Just for the multichannel stuff?I guess i will try it both ways and with different matierial like dtv,cd's ect,and let my ears decide.One other problem that adds to this setup is that when i calibrate the speakers and sub the sweetspot is definately in a bass null spot,i can move just to the right or left of the sweetspot and the bass is like 10db higher! 8O

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

If the ICBM has a LFE input you should be able to leave the sub set at "Yes" and speakers "Large". This will effectively allow the LFE (.1) channel to pass through to the sub along with any additional bass from the rest of the speakers at whatever crossover you have set in the ICBM. Or you could still set the sub to "No" and save a cable or two :lol: Either should work fine

As for the null spot of bass, it sounds like you need to do some experimentation with the placement of your sub. Also check the phase of your sub, you could be getting cancellation issues... Do you have just the one sub?

Jason
          Jason

Comment

• RACER4551
            • Apr 2004

Yes just one sub,it is located in the right front corner.It is a svs20-39pc+.I also had it in the left front corner and had alot bass peaks in that corner.It has a pretty smooth graph in the right front corner,other than this null problem which was also present in the left front corner?Was just making sure i had everything setup right.I have used avia and digital video essentials along with test tones to set the sub and speakers.I just think i am fighting a room problem here.I will post some pics of my current arrangement.I have been all over the phase adjustments .

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

You may need to just move the sub out of the corner as you're just sitting where a natural null will be based on the current listening and sub location in your particualr room. I assume you don't want to move the listening position, atleast not more than a few inches? Try (if possible) moving slightly rearward of your listening position until the null is gone and you're hearing bass again. Tha's how far your sub will have to moveaway from the front wall towards you to shift the null rearward and past your listening position.

Jason
              Jason

Comment

• RACER4551
                • Apr 2004

It seems like all the bass signals follow each wall to the right and left of the sweetspot.I am going to post some pics here in alittle bit as soon as they download from my camera and post them so you can see my layout and the limited sub placement.

Comment

• RACER4551
                  • Apr 2004

The sweetspot is 14 feet away from the front of the tv and the side walls are 6 1/2 feet away from each of the side walls.Sorry for the dark pics,this setup is located in a basement and is pretty dark down here.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• RACER4551
                    • Apr 2004

Here's a better pic of the sub location,i could try and move the sub out further on that right front wall.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• RACER4551
                      • Apr 2004

I just played a test tone through the sub and the tone reads 80db at sweetspot and i measured straight back from behind the chair went back 6ft and it didnt hardly change at all.I then moved to the right of the sweetspot and it didnt change until i got about 3ft from each wall on the sides of the sweetspot,it went from 80db to almost 90db.?????

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

Well it sounds like you've got some side to side bass peaks and dips at particular frequencies. (Everyone does somewhere in their rooms it just how best to cope with them) I suggest you post a new thread in the Home Theatre section of the guide regarding your issues to get more responses than in Club Rotel. (Otherwise, being a moderator in this section, I'd have to move this thread anyways as we're a little off topic here :lol: )

Good luck, I'm sure some of our experts will be able to come up with some solutions for ya :T

Jason
                        Jason

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"