X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wng
    • Dec 2002

Subwoofer level on 1066

Hi there,

If I wanted to dial up the bass on my sub, what's the difference between raising the sub's setting in the Test Tone menu or upping the setting in the Sub Setup menu? Thanks in advance.
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

You know I've been wondering the same thing. At first I thought the sub level setting was the same as the LFE trim setting on my old Denon 3300 receiver, but a few members here explained to me that it wasn't. So I still don't know the difference between the sub level setting and the test tone setting.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater

Comment

• JohnSC
      • Jun 2002

Guys,

I read it as the test tone level being the starting point ie. if it was set to 5 then whatever setting you have on the sub level setting would be taken from this starting point ie. if the sub level was -3 then it would be 5 - 3 = 2.

I hope that makes sense.

John

Comment

• JKohn
        • Jun 2002

The main difference is that the setting in the test tone is the global setting that's used as starting point for all other adjustments. The Sub setup menu has sound-mode specific settings, and those setting are relative to the global setting.

And of course you can change the sub level on the fly from the remote, but that's temporary.

Jeff Kohn
        Jeff Kohn
        http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"