X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Rotel Rsp 1066?

Hello All,

Any issues with the RSP 1066? I've been seeing a few popping up for sale on the net. Also we are thinking about upgrading the bedroom from a Yamaha RXV-3000/Marantz DSP-870 to the Rotel RSP-1066.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by june
    Hello All,

Any issues with the RSP 1066? I've been seeing a few popping up for sale on the net. Also we are thinking about upgrading the bedroom from a Yamaha RXV-3000/Marantz DSP-870 to the Rotel RSP-1066.

If you do a search, you'll find a few threads on a bass management issue (not really an issue, its the way the unit was designed). In any case, the fix for the problem is to snip one of the capacitors.

Comment

• deke
      • Dec 2005

I've been thinking about picking one up myself... however with the replacement for the RSP 1068 anticipated 4Q 06 or so, I wonder if you'll be able to pick up a 1068 at around the price of a 1066 in 1Q 07.

Comment

• JDH
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by june
        Hello All,

I upgraded from a Yamaha RX-V3000 to the Rotel RSP-1066 and have had no regrets.
        Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• bleeding ears
          • Nov 2004

More than likely when a new processor arrives to replace the 1068, it will be more expensive initially.

If the price of a 1068 drops to that of what a 1066 is worth, then a 1066 will also be much cheaper hopefully.

The 1066 is a bargain on ebay right now!

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I got an RSP-1066 on Audiogon for less than $700 about 4 months ago.
            Best decision I ever made.
            I’m not interested in 7.1, but am building a 5.1 out of my older 2 ch system.
            For this application, it is a great bargain IMHO.
            I listen to music 85% and HT 15%, and for my use, it worked out perfect.
            Verify that you are getting the latest version, though, as it has better video management.

I would be surprised if there is a dramatic decrease in the used price even after the newer unit hits the streets; I may be proven wrong, but the 1066 rep is high, as is its quality and flexibility; even more so, the1068. All strong points for their continued used market value.
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"