X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rcovell
    • Dec 2002

RSX 1055 and problem with Dolby Digital

For the second time in two months, Dolby Digital processing wouldn't kick in when I went to watch a DVD. Both times the movies were encoded for DD and the DVD player was set properly. In each case, I had to go into the factory default settings menu and 'start over'. Kind of a pain since it wipes out all my custom settings. Other DVD's have played fine, though, when I tried one during this problem, it wouldn't play DD, either. It seems to be a receiver problem.

Anybody else have this problem? Any solutions?

Also, the manual says I can create my own default settings, but, mine won't 'take', apparently due to not enough memory, again, according to the manual. Any way to get more memory so I can set my own defaults?

Thanks, Bob.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not sure about the custom default setting not taking, but sometimes my 1066 doesn't seem to kick in right whenever I switch between DTS an Dolby a lot. Switching to a different input and back to DVD solves it.. If that's not kicking it on, I'ld take it in for service..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Rcovell
      • Dec 2002

Kevin
      Thanks for the idea, I'll try it the next time the auto detect doesn't work.
      My manual states that the custom default feature may not work if there's not enough memory. It doesn't say where this memory is or how to increase it, or if it's even possible. Guess I'm stuck with it. Thanks again.
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"