X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmcgowan
    • Sep 2003

Rotel DVD Players - Australia

Not sure if this will end up belonging in Club Rotel or not, but here goes...

Looking to do some upgrading this year and have pretty much settled on swapping the RSX-1055 for RSP-1068 plus RMB-1075. Then thinking about whether to leave the RB-1050 in place for the rear surrounds or maybe upgrade to the RB-1070 / 1080 for the fronts. This bit is relatively easy as I will just listen and let the ears / wallet argue it out once this gear is released down under...

I also want to get a second DVD player for our other room and have a couple of choices. First off, stick with the RDV-995 for our main box and just buy a "cheapie" Sony or similar for the other room. We don't watch that many DVDs and it wouldn't be the end of the world to get what will effectively just be a transport...

OR, could let the upgrade bug truly sink it's teeth in and look for a new "main room" DVD player. Not sure what is yet released here but the RDV-1050 could be one choice or the Denon's seem to get a good wrap? Just wondering what other's are using (preferably the Australian members of the forum) in the $900-$1200 range as their DVD source - and something that sounds like it works well with the Rotel? Would like to cut down the list before spending too many Saturdays in listening rooms...

Cheers,

Darren
  • steven_braith
    • May 2004

Darren, this doesn't answer your dilema but I'm hanging for a Rotel RDV-1050 which arrives downunder in late June. The RDV-1040 isn't being shipped here, and the RDV-1060 is already available.
    I've been informed that the 1050 will cost around $1000 AU as the currency has got stronger recently against the US.

I've been throwing backwards and forwards about a Denon DVD Player, 2800 Mk II or 2900 mainly. A warm sound, good picture quality. But not making a decision until I see what a RDV-1050 can do.....just hanging in there. :Z

Steven

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Good to hear someone out there is having the same dilemma! Yeah, was thinking that the 1050 might be a good choice? The Denon's seem to get mixed reviews but wanted to try and cut out a bit of the pain of the listening / viewing test by doing some homework...

Comment

• Nick T
        • Mar 2004

Darren,
        This doesnt really answer your question either, but was talking to Interdyn folk (Australian importers of Rotel gear) a couple of weeks ago, and they are expecting the RSP-1068 to arrive at retailers in late June (around the same time as the RDV-1050). Price is yet to be set, but i'm thinking around $1900 to $2000. Apparently stocks of RMB1075's are low at the moment, but a shipment of them is coming in around the same time as the 1068. $RRP of 1075 is $1499, but have been quoted as low as $1250. So here's hoping that an RMB1075 and an RSP1068 can be had for $3K! If so i'd be mighty tempted

Comment

• dmcgowan
          • Sep 2003

Nick,

Yeah that would be what I'd like to achieve for the change over. Put the RSX-1055 in our bedroom and then the old RSX-965 will have to be connected up to the PC for some wicked gaming in the study!!!!!!

Comment

• dmcgowan
            • Sep 2003

Hmmm Nick - how did you get any info? I've tried a few dealers in Melb and no luck at all? Encel didn't have a clue?

Hmmm maybe RDV-1050/RSX-1068/RMB-1075 for $4k could be the deal?

Comment

• Nick T
              • Mar 2004

The $3K i stated was for the 1068 and 1075 only. I obtained my info from International Dynamics (the importers) - they told me the arrival dates of the rsp-1068, and i assume that some 1075's will be coming in around the same time. This is becuase a couple of shops i've called concerning 1075s have said that more will be available from late June. The figure i said for the 1068 was a guess only, based on the current 1066 $RRP of $1899. Rotel gear has become considerably more affordable in Oz in the last few months becuae of the strong $. Rsp-1066 used to retail at around $2399 from memory and a 1075 used to be $2099. Hopefully prices of the shipment due late June will continue to reflect the good exchange rate

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"