X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metallo
    • Sep 2004

Howto connect RSP1068/RDV1050?

A new guy in town...

Ive just bought a set of Rotel products (had Onkyo and Sony before)
    Rotel RSP-1068
    Rotel RDV-1050
    (Rotel RMB-1075)

I have connected the dvd and pre-pro with 1 digital rca and 6 analog rca (DVD-audio).

Video 1 shall be the input for movies
    Multi input for DVD-audio (of course)
    CD for stereo music

I have set all speakers to large and sub crossover 100 hz
    (AAD S-series with S-7 Tower )
    Levels are adjusted by hearing...

so far everyting is ok?

Wich one is to prefer... using the DVD's DA or the pre-pro for stereo play?

My thougts is to share coax 1 with input "Video 1 and CD", with Video 1 för movies and CD for Stereo sound but...
    And how the hell do i get full frecuency to the fronts and disable the sub output only for "CD-input"?

Show the way if my thoughts are wrong...

Please help a "lost" swede...
    /Daniel
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

First of all if you have all your speakers set to large your crossover is doing nothing. I suggest setting them to small (especially if you're setting a 100hz crossover) so that the subwoofer can handle the bass below that point. What speakers are you using? What is the manufacturer's recommended crossover? You may want to lower the crossover to 80hz if your speakers can handle it.

I personally prefer the analog connection for listening to music (CD/DVD-A) from my DVD player. You can use the multi-input for just 2-channel CD listening seen as how you already have it connected anyway and as long as you set up the bass management properly in the player ie: set the speakers full range or "large" in the player they will recieve the full range signal with no crossover to the sub for DVD-A, CD etc.

A good read through your manuals is probably not a bad idea either

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• metallo
      • Sep 2004

Thanks for your answer!

Dont get me wrong, ive read the manual several times, ive read a lot of things on this forum and also tried to understand how bass managment and how other stuff works.

Ive tried what you wrote, set the speakers to small and lowered the sub crossover to 80 hz, it made a radikal improvement! but for even better result i also lowered the crossover to 40 hz for the front speakers... that means that i now am playing with a 40 hz overlap between the sub and the fronts? or should i set the fronts to large? or will it disable the output to the sub then?

I dont know what the manufacturer recommend for crossover, i have a set of AAD S-series speakers (www.aadsound.com) S-7, S-3C, S-1 and S-160.

But i dont like the idea of the dvd-player handling the DAC... or using the analog bypass... its much more cheaper the the pre-pro... but i shall take the time to compare...

/Daniel

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

If all your speakers are set to small the crossover will send any bass below that, in the main channels, to the sub instead, they're will be little or no overlapping. I'm not familiar with your speakers but if they can play well down to 40hZ and your amplifire can give them enough power to do so cleanly, then great As a nice middle ground you may want to try 60Hz to leave a bit more amp power available for your mids and highs...

As for using the players DAC's try both (analog and digital connection to your 1068 ). You may be surprised which you prefer but at least you'll know which of the two sounds best in your system. Besides you have to listen to DVD-A over analog connections anyways.

Jason
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"