X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • briandx
    • Mar 2003

RB-1050 Has anyone seen this problem?

Equipment: RSP-1066, RMB-1075, RB-1050

Basically, when listening to music the 1050's protection light comes on, the light goes off, the amp clicks a few times, and then normal behavior for about 5 minutes, when the whole process repeats!

I've checked the speaker connections and they seem fine. Besides, if there was a short somewhere in the loop I would think the amp would not comes on at all.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Brian.
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

I don't have an RB-1050 yet but I'll will be picking one up to go with my RSP1066 and RMB-1095 next Saturday. I've read several articles on the 1050 and they never metioned any problems. It sounds like you have a defective unit. Did you just purchase it?

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    Radden Home Theater

Comment

• LEVESQUE
      • Oct 2002

I own the RB-1050 since 8 months, and I drive it really really hard and loud, at awesome level, without any sweat. I use it for my back-centers with a RMB-1095, and I always listen to music in 7.1 mode at pretty loud level (ear bleeding) without problem. The RB-1050 keep up with the RMB-1095 easily...

Maybe you have a defective unit?
      To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• briandx
        • Mar 2003

Still having this problem intermittantly. Will try to swap out front L/R with back L/R to see if either there is a problem with the back speakers/cables, or maybe the problem is with the 1066 pre-outs for the back two channels.

BTW.. So far, gorgeous sound from this unit!

Comment

• Legairre
          • Jan 2002

briandx,
          Did you recently get the 1050 or did you already have it before you got the 1066?

Radden Home Theater
          Radden Home Theater

Comment

• briandx
            • Mar 2003

Got all of my Rotel stuff at the same time

Through some deductive tests I have been able to determine that the problem, albeit a small one, is in the 1050. I'll have my dealer order a replacement tomorrow...

Brian.

Comment

• briandx
              • Mar 2003

The end of the saga... Got a replacement 1050 the other day from my dealer , and the problem is gone.

Now, all I have to do is wait for my Paradigm Reference Studio 100's to arrive next week, and I'll be ready to do some serious listening to the half-dozen SACD's that have recently arrived.

Comment

• Legairre
                • Jan 2002

Brian,
                Glad to hear you picked up a new 1050. I picked mine up last weekend. It's a nice amp for the back speakers. I think your going to like it. Did you get siver or black?

Radden Home Theater
                Radden Home Theater

Comment

• briandx
                  • Mar 2003

Silver! Why of course!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"