X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JesseRJ
    • Nov 2003

Rotel 1095

Hi to all. The 1095 is, I believe, over four years old. How often does Rotel replace its amps? Most other firms seem to do it much more often. If I were to buy a 1095, is there a chance it will be superseded in a short period (six months)? Thanks for any info.

Jesse
    Jesse Joseph
  • DrBoom
    • Dec 2003

Why would there be a need to upgrade something as trivial as a power amplifier every 3-4 years ?
    We're not talking about processors here, with new decoding capabilities or more channels.
    I think we've quite reached the limit of what can be achieved with the current analog amplifiers and its components.
    If you've got a good power supply, lots of output transistors, sufficient cooling and good current capability, what else could you possibly want from a power amp ?
    Short of changing the overall sound, or coming out with some kind of radical new type of amplifier (class D with switched power supply for instance) I don't think Rotel will be releasing new amps very soon.
    Simply because there is no real need for them.

Comment

• EricAnthonE
      • Apr 2004

i agree with the aforementioned that the amplifier is really in no need up updating. It is one of those things, like speakers, that you really can appreciate more and more with age i think.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Jesse,

I concur with the others, in this ever-changing world of electronics, the amplifiers are the most constant, usually lasting a number of years, unless you get bitten by the upgraditis bug. I am very happy with my current Rotel gear which has provided me great bang for the buck, unless I hit the Lottery and can upgrade to the higher class Amps (i.e. Krell) or a radical technology change occurs.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Darren M
          • Apr 2004

Agree with all of the above, but I do believe the 1095 has changed a bit. I bought one about 6 months ago. The dealer initially gave me the wrong unit (it was a returned unit, not a new one). I used it for a week before he replaced it. The new one had the 12 volt trigger, the used one did not. The speaker connections had a different look to them (clear vs. color...). What I'm saying is the current 1095 may not actually be 4 or 5 years old. The only change worth making may have been the 12 volt trigger and they did that.

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

It is true they made a change to the binding posts because it was determined that the "old" ones contributed to excessive humming not necessarily attributed to ground loops. That being said though, the "guts" of the amp are still the same and it is a very good amp. I'd echo what others have said though that amp versions tend to stick around much longer than other components.
            jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Bam!
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jimmyp58
              It is true they made a change to the binding posts because it was determined that the "old" ones contributed to excessive humming not necessarily attributed to ground loops. That being said though, the "guts" of the amp are still the same and it is a very good amp. I'd echo what others have said though that amp versions tend to stick around much longer than other components.
              Yeah and I`d listen to Jimmy....he knows a little something about power amps! ...

I dunno why I am replying to this one other than to echo what the others have said..... ops: ....
              Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• ht_addict
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by jimmyp58
                Well I sent my 1095 to be checked out because of the hum. Running my speakers of my Yamaha RX-V1400 yields complete silence. Maybe they'll replace the binding posts on my amp.

Kevin

Comment

• Legairre
                  • Jan 2002

I bought my 1095 back in Nonember of 2001 and it has the clear binding post, 12 volt trigger and is dead silent. I'm not sure when Rotel went with the new post, but it must have been before I got mine.
                  "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                  Radden Home Theater

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"