1075 or 1095 amplifier?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shuang1234
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2003
    • 23

    1075 or 1095 amplifier?

    I auditioned a 1066/1095 setup yesterday and really liked it. The total cost is a bit above my budget. I could reasonably afford a 1066/1075 combination though.

    How much of a difference would I notice between the 1075 (120 W) and 1095 (200 W) amplifiers? I listen to 2-channel music (analog out on my Arcam CD72T player) 60% of the time with the remaining 40% split equally between HDTV and DVD (Panasonic RP82 player).

    I will be driving Paradigm Reference model 60 front, CC center, model 20 side surrounds. The model 60 sensitivity is average, 87dB for 1 W at 1 m.

    Also my room is not huge, 12'8" wide X 16'8" deep X 8' high (3.84m X 5.50m X 2.42m).

    I am not concerned with the 1095 being able to play louder since my room is not huge. What I want to know is will the 1095 be much sweeter/more detailed/more dynamic, compared to the 1075?
  • bigkid
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2003
    • 22

    #2
    Hi shuang1234,

    You might want to look here:



    Regards,

    Allan

    Comment

    • Mats
      Special Member
      • Jun 2000
      • 1326

      #3
      hey, what are the two little fuses that are included in the box with the 1075?
      Mats
      Mats Strömberg
      Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
      Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

      Comment

      • Entice
        Member
        • Nov 2002
        • 43

        #4
        Originally posted by shuang1234
        How much of a difference would I notice between the 1075 (120 W) and 1095 (200 W) amplifiers?
        Oh..about 80W...
        te he he

        seriously. always go for overkill...as that way in future you wont have regrets...

        Comment

        • Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002
          • 4601

          #5
          Valongi,

          Spare fuses..

          Kevin D.

          Comment

          • DSGCobra
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2003
            • 224

            #6
            I upgraded from the 1075 to the 1095 about 8 months ago. Everything else in my system remained the same. It was almost a night and day difference the bass response was insane. I am running Veritas v2.4 towers with the v2.0c center. It really woke up the Veritas (which I think demand alot of power.) I agree that overkill is the way to go.




            RSP-1098
            RMB-1095
            RDV-1080
            Energy C-9
            Energy Vertias V2.0C
            Energy C-3
            Paradigm PS-1200
            Audioquest everything.

            Comment

            • shuang1234
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2003
              • 23

              #7
              Thanks for the information.

              I think that I will bite the bullet and get the 1095.

              I will be adding two additional electrical circuits to my HT to ensure optimal performance, one 20A and one 15A.

              Comment

              • Mats
                Special Member
                • Jun 2000
                • 1326

                #8
                i'm planning on picking up the 2x200 amp to bi-amp for the fronts (in conjunction with the 1075).

                i'm sure this will do it for me for amps!
                Mats
                Mats Strömberg
                Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
                Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

                Comment

                Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"