X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr C
    • Feb 2003

600 Series 3 and RB1070

Hi - I need some views on the 603/604. Having already bought the RB-1070, I'm thinking of upgrading my speakers to B+W (since they match so well).

I'm in favour of the 604S3 but I've heard that these speakers can be power hungry. Can anyone tell me if you have this problem ... and thus go for the 603S3. I prfer the 604 due to the beter bass but may have no choice ...

Thks - Dr C
  • ZX 6R
    • Jan 2003

The 603 would certainly be a more appropriate choice for the rb-1070. To truly hear all of what the 604 is capable of, the rb 1080 or greater would be better. Keeping that in mind, if you decide to look at the 603 you may also want to look at the 602 as well. Depending on what you're looking for, it may be a better choice and certainly more home theater friendly. The 603 does have more bass but the 602 has a much fuller midrange(due to useing the same midrange driver as the 604). The nice thing about the 602 is if you can get 3 then you'll have a perfectly balanced front which is ideal for home theater. Obviously that's alot more difficult with a floor standing speaker such as the 603.

Comment

• steveB
      • Mar 2003

Hi there

I think that you should buy the speakers that you like the sound of the most , as you will not be buying them again in a hurry. You can always buy another 1070 and have a sweet sounding setup.

I have the RSX 1065 (100wx5) teamed up with the 604S3's , they sound nice , but I will most likely get a RB1080 the run them later .

Cheers
      SteveB.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"