X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zpanky
    • Mar 2003

Rotel paired with Bryston?

Is anyone here using a Rotel 1055 receiver (or 1065 or 1066) with Bryston Amps? I'm considering the 1055 with a couple of Bryston 7BSST amps for the mains. I currently have KEF Q70's for my mains but am planning to switch to either JM Lab's 946 or mini utopias, or B&W N802's next year. AMP upgrades in the years to follow. I'd love to get it all done sooner, but have only been able to negotiate $10k (Canadian) with my wife. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • craigdcan
    • Dec 2002

Wow, those are some serious amps and speakers you're looking at. I am a little confused that you are considering Mini Utopia's, as well as N802's. They are wildly different speakers. Both very good, but IMO, N802's are the obvious choice. N802's powered by 7B-SST's would be an absolutely amazing combination.....so amazing that you may find yourself looking at a strictly 2 channel pre, with a passthrough for HT.

Comment

• zpanky
      • Mar 2003

Craig, have you heard the mini utopias? Not the micros but the minis. At the dealer, I was blown away by the Electra 946. Then I heard the mini utopia, a few grand more, but as much as I can afford in the Utopia line. The detail and imaging are among the best I have heard, ever!

By the way, can you explain a little more of how this pass through would work? 2 Channel is as much a priority as HT for me.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"