X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickyboy
    • Jan 2003

what to purchase rsx1055 0r rsp1066 with 985mk1 please

i currently have denon 3802+cdm1nts+rotel 985mk1 ,was thinking of selling 3802 and purchasing 1066 processer, just noticed info on rsx 1055 reciever, if i sell denon i (lose the tuner, and do not want another box for radio) if i purchase 1055 i retain "tuner option but 1055 is only 75X5 watts,

which is the best option 1055 or 1066 i am more interested in descent STERIO PLAYBACK than av would the combo of 1055+985mk1 be better than 3802, your views please thank you
  • Brent
    • Jan 2002

I have the 1066 paired with a RB985 MKI, and it has thankfully forced me back into vinyl and 2ch listening again. As far as which would be better, I think the 1066 would hold a slight advantage over the 1055 for 2ch simply because of the lower noise floor. If you can live without the tuner(I can) go with the 1066. However I think both units are very close in overall quality. For me the 1066 was my chance to move into true separates and I jumped at it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The 1055 and 1066 sound very similar (likely identical in most peoples systems (incl my own)) so while the 1066 holds an advantage on paper I wouldn't put a lot of weight on that when it comes time to choose between the two. The Rotels 75 watts are very good watts though and are real unlike most other receivers rated watts. If you're mains are bi-amp capable why not use your power amp to bi amp the mains and use the 5th channel for the center and let the rotel power the sides and rears?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"